Name: Jarryd Wallace
Hometown: Athens, Ga.
Current Residence: Athens, Ga.
High School: Oconee County High School (Athens, Ga.) '08
College: University of Georgia '15, Speech Communications
- 2012 Paralympic Games - 6th (400m)
- 2015: U.S. Paralympics National Championships, 2nd (100m), 3rd (200m); Parapan American Games, 1st (100m)
- 2013: IPC Athletics World Championships, 1st (4x100m relay, 200m), 4th (100m)
- 2012: U.S Paralympics National Championships, 4th (400m) 5th (200m), 6th (100m)
- 2011 U.S. Paralympics National Championships, 3rd (100m), 4th (200m); Parapan American Games, 1st (100m)
- 2007 Georgia High School State Championships, 1st (800m, 1600m, pre-amputation)
- 2006 Georgia High School State Championships, 1st (cross country, pre-amputation)
Facts: Son of Jeff and Sabina Wallace... One sister, Brittany... Graduated from Oconee County High School and is currently enrolled at the University of Georgia... Hobbies include playing guitar and piano, singing, wake boarding, and surfing... Started a Leg in Faith Foundation in 2012 to provide prosthetic devices for future elite Paralympic runners...Member of the U.S. men's 4x100m relay team that holds the current world record set at the 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships in Lyon, France.
More Stories ›