HEIGHT 5' 10" WEIGHT 165 lbs
Follow Nicole on Twitter @vogtfornic, Instagram @vogt4nic and Facebook by searching "Nicole Vogt USA."
Before becoming a bobsledder in 2011, Nicole Vogt was a rower at Kansas State University (2005-2010.) Nicole became involved with the sport of bobsled following the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games. She was looking for another competitive outlet after college and saw most of the Olympians competing were cross-over athletes from other collegiate sports. Vogt researched the sport and sent in a sports resume on the United States Bobsled and Skeleton Federation website. She was later invited to Push Championships and joined the team as a brakeman.
Vogt, the daughter of Steve and Michelle Vogt, earned her professional engineering license in April 2015.
- She loves to read paperback books, which she believes are hands down better than electronic books. The smell of libraries and bookstores makes her smile.
- She also enjoys baking, movies, YouTube and eating. All of those are even better when enjoyed with friends.
- She works movie and TV show quotes into most of her conversations. If you say something funny, she will quote you too.
- You'll know she's really excited about something when she's talk-singing about it.
- 2016-2017 North American Cup - 12th in Calgary #1 (11/16); 11th in Calgary #2 (11/16); 14th in Whistler #1 (11/16); 10th in Whistler #2 (11/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup - 8th in Lake Placid (1/16); 8th in Whistler (1/16)
- 2015-2016 North American Cup - BRONZE in Calgary #1 (11/15); 6th in Calgary #2 (11/15); 5th in Whistler #1 (11/15); 6th in Whistler #1 (11/15); GOLD in Park City #1 (2/16); BRONZE in Park City #2 (2/16)
- 2015 National Championships - BRONZE
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - GOLD in Park City #2 (2/15); BRONZE in Park City #1 (2/15); 4th in Lake Placid #2 (1/15); 5th in Lake Placid #1 (1/15); 12th in Calgary #2 (11/14); 11th in Calgary #1 (11/14)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup - 6th in Calgary #1 (11/12), 7th in Calgary #2 (11/12), 7th in Calgary #4 (12/12), 7th in Calgary #5 (12/12)
- 2011-2012 World Cup as a brakeman for Megan Hill -14th in Whistler (2/12)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup as a brakeman for Katelyn Kelly - 6th in Park City (11/11), 5th in Park City (11/11), 4th in Calgary (11/11), DNF in Calgary (11/11), BRONZE in Lake Placid #1 (12/11), BRONZE in Lake Placid #2 (12/11)
Frozen Over: Nicole Vogt's transition from the water to the ice
May 23, 2016
After rowing for Kansas State University, Nicole Vogt took to a new, much colder sport.
Park City World Cup photo gallery
Jan. 19, 2016
Check out images from the Park City World Cup, taken by Charlie Booker.
A Former Collegiate Rower, Nicole Vogt To Make Bobsled World Cup Debut As First New U.S. Driver In 5 Years
Stuart Lieberman Jan. 06, 2016
Vogt is the U.S. bobsled team’s first new world cup women’s driver since 2010-11.