Birth Year: 1990
Hometown: San Diego, Calif.
Position: Middle blocker
Height: 6-9 (206cm)
Weight: 207 lbs (94kg)
High School/Grad Year: Valhalla High School (El Cajon, Calif.) / 2008
- Was on the roster for all four 2014 USAV Cup matches against Iran and used the opportunity to work his way onto the roster for the world Championship
- Was one of four collegiate players on the 2011 U.S. Pan American Games Team that finished fifth in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Led the U.S. Men in blocking at the Pan American Games with nine. Finished with 44 total points
- Was a member of the 2009 U.S. Men's Junior National Team that finished eighth at the FIVB World Championship
- Played for TV Buhl in Germany's Bundesliga during the winter of 2013-14. Will play for VFB Friedrichshafen in 2014-15. Has also played professionally in Greece
DID YOU KNOW?
- Lettered in volleyball, soccer and tennis at Steele Canyon HS before transferring to Valhalla HS as a senior.
- His senior year, Valhalla won the Grossmont League South Division and advanced to the quarterfinals of the CIF tournament.
- Earned CIF Division II first-team honors his senior year
- Began playing club volleyball in 2006 with Epic 16s. Served as team captain in 2008, his final year with the Epic Volleyball Club and ended the season with a silver medal at the 2008 Junior National Championships, where he also earned all-tournament team honors
- Has a half-brother Dylan Gilbert-Vogel
- Played opposite at UCLA. As a senior in 2012, played in 26 matches with 23 starts
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION: 2014 – FIVB World Championship... USAV Cup. 2011 – Pan American Games. 2009 – FIVB Junior World Championship
More Stories ›