Hometown: Cherry Hill, N.J.
Current Residence: Lancaster, Pa.
Joined National Team:
In a strategic move displaying her dedication and determination to make the 2012 London Olympic Squad, Vittese put her academic pursuits on pause at the University of Virginia to focus entirely on making the National Team. Vittese's decision paid off and she was recognized with the 2011 Player of the Year award. Vittese has proven her staying power as an aggressive attacker for Team USA and was a part of the 2014 Champions Challenge gold medal squad and the 2014 Rabobank Hockey World Cup team that burst onto the international stage with a fourth place finish.
- 2015: Series against Argentina (Lancaster, Pa.), 8 Nations Tournament (5th, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand), Series against Ireland (Lancaster, Pa.), World League Round 3 (5th, Valencia, Spain), Pan American Games (1st, Toronto, Canada), Series against Great Britain (Marlow, UK), Series against Japan (Lancaster, Pa.)
- 2014: Champions Challenge (1st, Glasgow, Scotland), Rabobank Hockey World Cup (4th, The Hague, Netherlands)
- 2012: U.S. Olympic Team (12th, London, England)
- 2011: Pan American Team (1st, Guadalajara, Mexico)...Champions Challenge I Team (2nd, Dublin, Ireland)...Redshirted the 2011-12 season at UVA to compete with the Women's National Team
- 2010: NFHCA first team All-American... First team All-American by womensfieldhockey.com...An All-ACC honoree...Named to ACC All-Tournament Team
- 2009: Junior World Cup Team (Boston, Massachusetts)... Participated on the U.S. U-21 Squad in Youth Olympic Festival (Australia)... NFHCA third team All-American... First team All-American by womensfieldhockey.com... An All-ACC selection... Selected to NCAA All-Tournament Team
- 2008: Selected to the Junior Pan American Championships team but could not compete due to injury.
- 2007: Named to the U-21 Team
High School: Camden Catholic ('08)
Club: Spirit of USA
College: University of Virginia ('13)
Names of parents/guardians: Mark and Pat Vittese
Names of sibling(s): Carissa and Tara
IN THE NEWS
- For Field Hockey, a New, Blue View. NYTimes.com, July 6, 2012
- Cherry Hill native bound for London Olympics. The South Jersey Sun. June 14, 2012
More Stories ›