Event/Discipline: Sprint Kayak, K-1 200m, K-1 500m, K-4 500m
School: Kaplan University
Club: Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club
- 2011 US Senior Sprint World Championships Team Member
- 2011 World Championships in Szeged, Hungary: 8th in K4 500m heats
- 2X 2011 National Champion: K-1 5000m; K-4 500m
- 3-time consecutive LCKC Female Athlete of the Year (2008-2010)
- National Team Member 2005-2011
- 2007 Junior World Championship Finalist
- Job: Student-Athlete
- Hobbies: cycling, hiking, swimming, reading
- Quote: "We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- How'd you get started? I began after the 1996 Olympics came to Georgia. Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club set up a middle school program and I joined 10 years ago
- Family: Fiance, Morgan House, is also a member of the U.S. National Team
- Mentor: My fiance is an amazing paddler and he always reminds me to believe in myself, no matter what.
- Trivia: I used to be a dancer and my dream is to one day be a coach at Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club.
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/paddlechick
- Website: http://www.emilyvinson.net/
Emily began paddling with the Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club in Middle School. She remains a part of the Lanier club, coached by Claudiu Ciur. Prior to kayaking, Emily danced for seven years. She then discovered paddling, quickly fell in love, and has never looked back.