Hometown: Port Washington, Wisconsin
Current Residence: Flagstaff, Arizona
High School: Port Washington High School
College: Mt. San Antonio College ‘09, Associates in Language Arts Communication, University of Arizona, ‘12, BA in Psychology
- Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games
- Athens 2004 Paralympic Games
• Bronze, 2014 Copa Americas Cup
• 2015: Won two tournaments in doubles and made it to a semifinal in a SS category tournament in singles beating top ten players.
• Represented the U.S. in Turkey at the World Team Cup this year, helping place 6th for the USA Women’s team
• 2007: Two gold medals, singles and doubles, 2007 Parapan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
• 2006: First place, singles – Tahoe Donner International Championships, Truckee, Calif.
• 2006: First place, singles – Atlanta Open, Atlanta, Ga.
• 2006: First place, singles - Music City Classic, Nashville, Tenn.
• 2006: First place, singles - Midwest Regional Championships, Rockford, Mich.
• 2002: USTA Most Improved Female Player of the Year
Verfuerth plays professionally on the UNIQLO wheelchair tennis tour. She and her life and business partner, Greg Guerin, own a self-serve yogurt shop in Flagstaff, Arizona. She also has a non-profit called Over the Rainbow, which helps children with disabilities. She is also the head coach of the girl’s tennis team at Flagstaff High School. Verfuerth also serves on the Disability Awareness Commission for the City of Flagstaff, and is a board member for the Flagstaff Tennis Association.
Verfuerth says she enjoys living her life to the fullest. She enjoys camping, hiking, going off-roading and being outdoors. Spending time with Greg and her dogs make her happiest, and she says her friends and family mean everything to her.
11 Travel Tips For Anyone Going To Rio
Lisa Costantini May 17, 2016
From the things to pack to the things to see, Team USA athletes share their best advice.
Serena Williams Could Tie For Winningest Women’s Tennis Player – AND Win Calendar Grand Slam – At U.S. Open
Stuart Lieberman Aug. 31, 2015
Only three women have completed tennis’ calendar Grand Slam.
Team USA Closes Parapan American Games With Record 135 Medals
U.S. Paralympics Aug. 15, 2015
Finishing third in the overall medal count, U.S. athletes earned 40 gold medals.
More Stories ›