HEIGHT 6'0" WEIGHT 200 lbs
Follow Kyle on Twitter @kyletress
Kyle Tress began the sport of skeleton in November 2002, after watching it during the Salt Lake City Olympics.
When he's not sliding, Tress is a self-taught software developer and cofounder of "A Tiny Tribe," an app development company he started with fellow skeleton athlete, Chris Nurre.
- He is a self taught web and iOS developer.
- He appeared as an extra on "Transformers 2," "When in Rome" and "CSI:NY."
- His favorite book is "Meditations," by Marcus Aurelius.
- 2016-2017 World Cup - 20th in Whistler (12/16); 19th in Lake Placid (12/16); 25th in Altenberg (1/17); 14th in Winterberg (1/17)
- 2015 World Championships in men's skeleton event - 15th (3/15)
- 2015 World Championships in team event - 7th (3/15)
- 15th overall 2014-2015 World Cup - 5th in Lake Placid (12/14); 13th in Calgary (12/14); 20th in Altenberg (1/15); 25th in Koenigssee (1/15); 26th in St. Moritz (1/15); 14th in La Plagne (1/15); 19th in Igls (2/15); 13th in Sochi (2/15)
- 2013-2014 World Cup - 22nd in Calgary (11/13), 16th in Park City (12/13), 7th in Lake Placid (12/13), 11th in Winterberg (1/14), 5th in St. Moritz #1 (1/14), 16th in St. Moritz #2 (1/14), 8th in Igls (1/14), 16th in Koenigssee (1/24)
- 2013 National Championships - BRONZE in Lake Placid (3/13)
- 2012-2013 Intercontinental Cup - 8th in Winterberg (1/13)
- 2012-2013 World Cup -5th in Lake Placid (11/12), 20th in Park City (11/12), 24th in Whistler (11/12), 13th in Winterberg (12/12), 4th Team Event in Winterberg (12/12), 15th in La Plagne (12/12), 21st in Altenberg (1/13), 21st in Koenigssee (1/13), 19th in Igls (1/13), 13th in Sochi (2/13)
- 2011-2012 World Cup -23rd in Igls (12/11), 17th in La Plagne (12/11), 21st in Winterberg (12/11), 22nd in Altenberg (1/12), 25th in Koenigssee (1/12), 8th in St. Moritz (1/12), 15th in Whistler (2/12)
- BRONZE at 2011 National Championships
- 23rd overall in 2010-2011 World Cup -13th in Igls (1/11), 17th in Winterberg (1/11), 11th in St. Moritz (1/11), 22nd in Cesana (1/11), 25th at World Championships in Koenigssee (2/11)
- 2010-2011 Intercontinental Cup -SILVER in Winterberg (11/10), 7th in Altenberg (12/10)
- 1st overall in 2009-2010 America's Cup - GOLD in Park City #1 (12/09), GOLD in Park City #2 (12/09), GOLD in Park City #3 (12/09), 6th in Calgary #1 (12/09), SILVER in Calgary #2 (12/09), BRONZE in Lake Placid #1 (12/09), SILVER (12/09),
- 12th overall in 2008-2009 America's Cup -5th in Park City (11/08), 8th in Lake Placid #1 (11/21), 14th in Lake Placid #2 (11/22), 4th in Lake Placid #4 (4/09)
- 26th overall in 2008-2009 Intercontinental Cup -21st in Calgary (12/08), 17th in Igls (1/09), 21st in Konigssee (2/09), 19th in Cesana #1 (1/09), 21st in Cesana #2 (1/09)
As Bobsled And Skeleton World Cup Season Begins, Strong U.S. Sliders Eying 2018 Olympics
Paul D. Bowker Nov. 30, 2016
Team USA won 13 world cup medals last season and is looking to build on that this year.
Katie Uhlaender Returns To Skeleton World Cup Team For First Time In Nearly 3 Years
Associated Press Nov. 03, 2016
Uhlaender, Olympic bronze medalist Matt Antoine and world cup winner Annie O’Shea headline the team.
What's Happened To Skeleton Veterans Katie Uhlaender & Kyle Tress?
Peggy Shinn Nov. 17, 2015
Find out why the two skeleton Olympians were left off the 2015-16 world cup roster.
Lake Placid skeleton national team selection photo gallery
Oct. 28, 2015
Check out images from the men's and women's skeleton national team selection races in Lake Placid!
Matt Antoine Starts Skeleton Season With A Bronze And A Hunger For More
Brandon Penny Dec. 12, 2014
2014 Olympic medalist Matt Antoine led a U.S. skeleton team mixed with veterans and rookies to an impressive season-opening world cup in Lake Placid, New York, where all five athletes finished in the top 10.
U.S. Skeleton Team In Rebuilding Phase
Karen Rosen Dec. 10, 2014
With two of the five U.S. Olympic skeleton racers from the Sochi Games hanging up their sleds and another undergoing surgery, the track is clear for new talent to emerge.
U.S. Olympic Skeleton Team: The Anatomy Of A Team
Doug Williams July 30, 2014
The Olympians finished in an unplanned five-way tie for the Athletes’ Choice Award
Gallery: Medal Moments In Skeleton
Feb. 20, 2014
View Team USA skeleton athletes and their medal moments
Daly And Antoine Sit 3-4 In Men’s Skeleton
U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation Feb. 14, 2014
John Daly, Matt Antoine vying for bronze medal halfway through competition
U.S. Skeleton Team Hopes For Medal Haul
Lawrence Murray Feb. 12, 2014
All five U.S. skeleton athletes enter Sochi with medal expectations