Discipline/Event: Wildwater, K1
Birthplace: Rimini, Italy
Current Residence: Roswell, GA when in USA; Rimini when in Italy
Occupation: Woodworking machinery service engineer
Current school/Alma matter: Electrical and mechanical professional degree ( ENAIP Italy)
How I started paddling whitewater:
Love for water noise and sport activities.
The class(es) you race: K-1
National Results (team trials and nationals): 2006 bronze medal world Masters in Karlovy Vary (Cz), 2008 silver medal at world Masters in Ivrea Italy.
Years on the U.S. Wildwater National Team: 9 (1997-1998-2006-2008 as an athlete, 2004-05-07-08-09 as wildwater Junior Coach)
Other Paddling/Sports/Hobbies: K1/K2 sprint and marathon, SurfSki, in line skating, street and mtb cycling, cross country skiing.
- Marital Status: Married to Monica
- Kids: one daughter Stella 24 year old, currently lives and studies in Spain
- Height: 5’ 8”
- Weight: 170 lbs
- Music: Rock
- Food Favorites: Every kind, organic if possible
- What you do to get ready for a race: Talk about something else...
- What you do after a race: Relax and enjoy the past moments, even with a bad result. You learn so much with each of them.
- Boat: Wilwater “Esox and Cut (Speedart)”, K1 Sprint “Plastex Olimpic Destroyer”, K2 River marathon “Regina”, SurfSki S1 “ Red 7”
- Paddle: Zastera Burton M 210cm for wiledwater, 218-220 for sprint
- Helmet: Wildwater
- Spraydeck: Refer (Italy)
- Life Jacket: Refer (Italy)
- Paddling Clothes: Refer (Italy)
- Shoes: Trying out the Vibram with fingers!! thanks to my friend Tom O’Sullivan
- Car: In USA Dodge Caravan, in Italy Chrysler Voyager
- Favorite energy/food: Rice cakes with peanut butter, granola bars, powerbars. Enervit powersport (italian)
- Other Outdoor Gear: MTB Cannondale, Verducci skates, Atomic ski
For more information please visit USA Wildwater, the official website for wildwater, at www.usawildwater.com.