Event/Discipline: Paracanoe, KL 2
Hometown: Durham, North Carolina
Birthdate: April 19, 1962
Club: Bridge II Sports
2015 Paracanoe World Championships Team Member
- Ranked 4th in the World
- Job: Executive Director and Founder of Bridge II Sports – Non Profit Organization serving those with disabilities to play sports. We run 14 programs and major events such as Valor Games SE. We currently have a Bill that passed the NC State House and Senate to go into schools.
- Hobbies: Recreational kayaking, refinishing furniture, sewing, and painting.
- Role Model: All those who dare to try with a disability
- Quote: "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is courage to continue that counts." -Winston S. Churchill
- How she started: Recruited from a training through Disabled Sports USA, Ashley was born with Spina Bifida and has participated in many adaptive sports. She is excited about the opportunity of competing at a high level and is honored to be a part of a team that is opening doors to a new Para sport!
- Family: Ashley is also a loving wife and mother of three living in Durham, North Carolina.
Click HERE to learn more about Ashley.