- MOST NOTABLE
- Tied for 19th with Lauren Fendrick at the 2016 Rio Olympics
- Placed fifth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with Lauren Fendrick, duo eliminated by Germany in the quarterfinals
- Twice voted the AVP Best Defensive Player, 2013 and 14
- Finished the 2014 season ranked 23rd on the World Tour and 21st in technical rankings with partner Lauren Fendrick
- Best FIVB World Tour career finish was with Jennifer Fopma in 2013, placing third in Berlin
- DID YOU KNOW
- Fendrick and Sweat went 0-3 in pool play at the 2016 Olympics, tying them for 19th place. Duo was seeded in Pool A with No. 1 Brazil
- Fendrick and Sweat finished 15th in 2016 Olympic rankings and was seeded 15th at the Games
- Tied for 25th at the Porec Major on the FIVB World Tour and fifth in Gstaad for their third quarterfinal finish in 2016
- In the first FIVB tournament following Olympic qualification, Fendrick and Sweat tied their best 2016 finish at the Olsztyn Grand Slam, with fifth place
- In the final event of Olympic qualification, duo tied for 17th at the Hamburg Major
- In 2016 on the FIVB World Tour: 9th at the Rio Grand Slam, Fuzhou Open and 25th at Maceio Open, Vitoria Open, Xiamen Open, Cincinnati Open, Moscow Grand Slam
- Has played in one AVP Tour event since May 2015, finishing third at the 2016 Manhattan Beach Open with Lauren Fendrick
- Opened the 2015 FIVB World Tour tying for ninth with Lauren Fendrick at the Fuzhou Open in China. Also finished ninth in St. Petersburg
- Placed fifth at the Porec Major in Croatia with Fendrick, their best finish of the Tour to that point until also finishing fifth at the Beach World Championships - being knocked out in the quarterfinals by Germany 21-18, 21-15. Took their third fifth-place finish in Yokohama and then in Olsztyn, Poland
- Finished 17th in Stavanger, Gstaad, Long Beach and 25th in Moscow. Finished Top 25 in nine of nine events
- In 2014, advanced to Round 3 at the World Series of Beach Volleyball and Stavanger, Round 2 at The Hague Transavia Grand Slam, Shanghai and Moscow, all with Lauren Fendrick.
- On the AVP Tour in 2014, Sweat and Fendrick finished second in five events and third in one.
- In 2013 with partner Jennifer Fopma, finished first at NORCECA Boca Cica, Dominican Republic, four FIVB World Tour Opens, placed third at the FIVB Berlin Grand Slam and won the AVP Huntington Beach Open.
- Also with Fopma in 2012, the duo won the Jose Cuervo Milwaukee event and the USAV IDQ in Chula Vista.
- From 2009-11 Sweat partnered with Kristen Batt-Rohr, where they won four events together including NORCECA Chiapas in 2011 and two AVP Young Guns events (09 and 10).
- In 2011, Sweat was named the USA Florida Region Beach Player of the Year.
- Between 2007-08 partnered with Kristy Hartley and Cindy Phillips.
- Played collegiality on Florida Gulf Coast's inaugural volleyball team, graduating as the team's career leader in kills. Was AVCA South Region Player of the Year as a junior. Named a Division II All-American.
Today in Rio Aug 9
Aug. 09, 2016
Dalhausser/Lucena look to stay perfect as the U.S. MNT and Sweat/Fendrick hunt for first 2016 Olympic wins
Rio Olympic Blog - Getting there is half the fun!
Lori Okimura Aug. 05, 2016
USAV Board Chair Lori Okimura describes how April Ross, Brooke Sweat and Nick Lucena nearly did not make it to the Olympics
U.S. Olympic Women’s Beach Volleyball Team Includes Pair Of Olympic Medalists, Team Of Newcomers
Craig Bohnert June 12, 2016
Walsh Jennings qualifies for fifth Games, Ross for her second, while Fendrick and Sweat will make debuts.
Beach teams take short break before 2016 training begins again
Corinne Calabro Nov. 26, 2015
Beach teams will begin 2016 training in December, begin FIVB World Tour in January
Beach Update: Beach finishes 2015 season at NORCECA Continental Finals
Corinne Calabro Nov. 16, 2015
Top beach teams will finish 2015 schedule at NORCECA finals in Tobago
Behind the scenes with the USA athletes at USAvBRA
March 06, 2015
USA beach athletes share their experience playing on Copacabana Beach and their time in Rio de Janeiro
Follow the USA vs Brazil event
Feb. 23, 2015
Follow USA Volleyball and the beach athletes in Rio de Janeiro, Feb. 26-March 1
Top USA beach names to face off against Brazil
Feb. 02, 2015
The top USA and Brazil beach pairs will play in a team challenge in Rio de Janeiro this February
Ross, Gibb are MVPs at AVP Awards
BJ Evans Nov. 19, 2014
10 tips for fans at a beach volleyball event
Sept. 19, 2014
Brooke Sweat and Lauren Fendrick give fans beach tips
More Stories ›