Hometown: Fort Meyers, Fla.
Birth Year: 1986
Resides: Costa Mesa, Calif.
College: Florida Gulf Coast University
View Brooke's full results at BVBInfo.com
- Twice voted the AVP Best Defensive Player, 2013 and 14
- Finished the 2014 season ranked 23rd on the World Tour and 21st in technical rankings with partner Lauren Fendrick
- Best FIVB World Tour career finish was with Jennifer Fopma in 2013, placing third in Berlin
DID YOU KNOW
- Opened the 2015 FIVB World Tour tying for ninth with Lauren Fendrick at the Fuzhou Open in China
- With partner Lauren Fendrick, was one of four women's teams to play in Melhores do Mundo, USA vs Brazil in Rio de Janerio in late February 2015.
- In 2014, advanced to Round 3 at the World Series of Beach Volleyball and Stavanger, Round 2 at The Hague Transavia Grand Slam, Shanghai and Moscow, all with Lauren Fendrick.
- On the AVP Tour in 2014, Sweat and Fendrick finished second in five events and third in one.
- In 2013 with partner Jennifer Fopma, finished first at NORCECA Boca Cica, Dominican Republic, four FIVB World Tour Opens, placed third at the FIVB Berlin Grand Slam and won the AVP Huntington Beach Open.
- Also with Fopma in 2012, the duo won the Jose Cuervo Milwaukee event and the USAV IDQ in Chula Vista.
- From 2009-11 Sweat partnered with Kristen Batt-Rohr, where they won four events together including NORCECA Chiapas in 2011 and two AVP Young Guns events (09 and 10).
- In 2011, Sweat was named the USA Florida Region Beach Player of the Year.
- Between 2007-08 partnered with Kristy Hartley and Cindy Phillips.
- Played collegiality on Florida Gulf Coast's inaugural volleyball team, graduating as the team's career leader in kills. Was AVCA South Region Player of the Year as a junior. Named a Division II All-American.
- Married to professional beach athlete Nicholas Sweat since 2007.
2014-current - Lauren Fendrick
2013 – Jennifer Fopma
2012 – Jennifer Fopma, Aurora Skarra-Gallagher, Traci Weamer, Brooke Niles, Lauren Fendrick, Kathryn Piening, April Ross
2010-11 - Kristen Batt
2009 – Morgan Flarity, Kendra Van Zwieten, Tara Kuk, Kristen Batt, Tealle Hunkus
2008 – Kristy Hartly/Cindy Phillips.
2007 – Kristy Hartley
Updated April, 2015
More Stories ›