Hometown: Simi Valley, Calif.
Current Residence: San Diego, Calif.
Joined National Team: 2010
When it came to sports, Sundeen ran the gamut playing anything and everything up until he was presented with a simple article from his father. The clip from a local newspaper sparked something deep within Sundeen who was compelled to add field hockey to his Rolodex of sports. The simple gesture drove Sundeen all the way to the U.S. Men's National Team in 2010, where he helped Team USA secure a bronze medal at the Australian Youth Olympic Festival in January 2013 and continues to be an integral part of the squad.
- 2015: World League Round 2 (7th, Chula Vista, Calif.), European Tour (Den Hague, The Netherlands & Antwerp, Belgium), Series against Argentina (Boston, Mass.), Pan American Games (5th, Toronto, Canada)
- 2014: Summer series against Argentina, Chile and Mexico (Chula Vista, Calif.)
- 2013: World League Round 2 (5th, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)... Australian Youth Olympic Festival (3rd, Sydney, Australia)
- 2012: World League Round 1 (1st, Chula Vista, Cali.)... Pan American Junior Championship (4th, Guadalajara, Mexico)
- 2009: Junior World Cup (20th, Johor Baharu, Malaysia)
High School: Royal High School
Club: LA Tigers
College: Mesa College
Names of parents/guardians: Emmy and Randy Sundeen
Names of sibling(s): Ryan Sundeen
Year you began playing field hockey: 2002
Charity Involvement: Relay for Life & Feed the Homeless
Favorite sports quote: "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky
Best words of advice: Always pursue your true passion in life.
More Stories ›