High School: Boise High School
College: Darmouth College, Keller Graduate School of Management
Height: 5' 6" Weight: 130 lbs
Current Location: Lake Placid, NY
Did you know...?
- I could not live without… chocolate...and the love and support of my family and friends.
- My favorite place in the world is… how can you pick just one??!
- My dream vacation spot is… anywhere I can relax and enjoy the sun and sea!
- When traveling, the thing I miss the most is… my family and my boyfriend.
- My favorite meal is… my dad’s chicken curry.
- My favorite television show is… Glee
- I never leave my house without… (I never travel without… a great book)
- My favorite quote is… “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” –Henry Ford
- If I were not an athlete, I would be… still involved in sports in some way.
Sara is a Boise, Idaho native currently living and training at both the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, New York and in Anchorage, Alaska. Sara graduated from Dartmouth College in June 2007 and moved to Lake Placid to begin training as a member of the US Biathlon Team. She made her first Olympic Team in 2010, and placed a season's best 34th in the Individual race. In the 2010-2011 season, Sara finished a personal-best 14th in the Presque Isle, Maine World Cup and ended the season ranked 34th in the world. In the 2011-2012 season, she had another top finish with a 15th place in the World Cup Sprint in Kontiolahti, Finland. Sara has been a member of the US World Championship Team for the past 3 years, and as one of the top US women, will again compete on the World Cup circuit in 2013-2014. This year, her goal is to qualify for the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia which will take place in February 2014.
|World Champ.||2013||Nove Mesto (CZE)||27||65||11|
WORLD CUP TOTAL
WORLD CUP TOP RESULTS (INCL. OWG AND WCH.)
|14||SP||2010/2011||Presque Isle, ME (USA)|
|17||SP||2010/2011||Fort Kent, ME (USA)|
|20||PU||2010/2011||Oslo Homenkollen (NOR)|
|22||MS||2010/2011||Oslo Homenkollen (NOR)|
|23||SP||2011/2012||Oslo Homenkollen (NOR)|
|23||SP||2010/2011||Oslo Homenkollen (NOR)|
|23||MS||2010/2011||Fort Kent, ME (USA)|
|25||PU||2011/2012||Oslo Holmenkollen (NOR)|
More Stories ›