Birthdate: Jan. 31, 1980
Birthplace: Grand Haven, Mich.
- Member of the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 USA Paratriathlon National Team
- 2013 ITU Paratriathlon World Championships, London, silver (TRI-2)
- Completed her first Ironman in Arizona on Nov 17, 2013
- 2013 Paratriathlon National Champion
- 2012 ITU Paratriathlon World Championships, Auckland, New Zealand, first (TRI-2)
- 2012 Paratriathlon National Champion
- 2011 ITU Paratriathlon World Championships, Beijing, China, first (TRI-2)
- 2011 Paratriathlon National Champion
- 2010 ITU Paratriathlon World Championship, Budapest, Hungary, first (TRI-2)
Athletic Background: Three-time Paratriathlon National and World Champion, Member of Team USA as a swimmer at the 2008 Beijing Paralympic Games • Competed in gymnastics, track and diving while growing up.
Personal: Parents are Dave and Marlene Hoffman • Was the first female American soldier in history to lose a limb in active combat and was the first Iraq War veteran to compete in the Paralympic Games as a swimmer in 2008 • Was one of four athletes featured in a documentary called “Warrior Champions” • Works in the field of prosthetics where she fit other amputees with prosthetic devices • Became involved with triathlon following the Beijing Paralympics because she enjoyed the variety that it gave her • Co-founded the Dare2tri Paratriathlon Club based out of Chicago - a board member for the Wounded Warrior Project - serves on the Mideast Triathlon Council and the USAT Women's Committee.
More Stories ›