Hometown:: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Birth Date: 1963
College/Major/Grad Year: University of Puerto Rico
- Has medaled in Parapan American Games three times, all silver medals
- Has competed in four Paralympic Games
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2015 - Parapan American Games (Silver)
2014 - ParaVolley World Championships (10th Place)
2011 - Parapan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico (Silver Medal)... Competed in July in the 2011 Continental Cup in Kettering, England.
2010 - WOVD World Cup in Port Said, Egypt (Fifth Place)… Parapan American Championship in Denver, Colo. (Silver Medal).
2009 - Parapan American Championship in Montreal, Canada (Gold Medal).
2007 - Parapan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Silver Medal).
Did You Know
- Was a member of the Parapan American Team that won the silver medal in Guadalajara, Mexico 2011
- While in college he played on teams that were the men’s volleyball champion in 1981 and ’82 and served as an assistant coach on teams that won that honor in 2001 and ’02
- Joined the Sitting Volleyball team in 1997
- Started playing volleyball in 1975
- Graduated with a degree in secondary education at the University of Puerto Rico in 1989
- Competed at the 1988, 1992 and 1996 Paralympic Games in the shot put
- Lost his right leg above the knee after he was hit by a car
- His favorite foods are Oreo Cookies and Cap’n Crunch cereal
- His happiest moments in life were the births of his children, daughter Camila and son Hugo Sebastian
More Stories ›