Darrin Steele joined USA Bobsled & Skeleton as the Chief Executive Officer in 2007, following the 2006 Torino Winter Olympic Games. In his role, he is responsible for collaborating with the USABS Board of Director's to establish long-term strategy of the organization, as well as general management of USABS. Steele also represents the organization to strategic partners. In addition to his role with USABS, Steele serves as the Vice President of Sport for the International Bobsled & Skeleton Federation (FIBT.)
Steele is a graduate of Eastern Illinois University, where he received a bachelor's and master's degree in economics. Upon graduation, Steele would eventually go on to attend the University of California at Berkeley, where he obtained his Master's of Business Administration. Currently, he is a PhD candidate in Educational Leadership, Research and Policy.
Steele was an athlete for USABS following his collegiate career at Eastern Illinois University. He was a member of the bobsled team for the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympic Games as a push athlete for pilot James Herberich in the four-man competition. His sled finished 12th in the Olympic field. Steele again competed at the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games as a push athlete for Brian Shimer in the two-man event. The duo finished 9th.
Previous Job History
- Manager, Home Depot Supply
- Store Manager, Home Depot
- Strategic Operations Analyst, Home Depot
- Financial Reporting Analyst, Home Depot
- Business Analyst/Registered Rep, Contemporary Pensions, inc.
- Assistant Benefits Administrator, Merrill Lynch
- Head Track Coach, Las Lomas HS
- Administrative Assistant, US Army National Guard/Reserves