- 2008 Olympic Games, gold medal
- 2012 Olympic Games, gold medal
- She was one of four U.S. players to play every minute and made key saves along with consistent overall play throughout the 2011 World Cup, winning the Golden Glove as the top keeper at the WWC
- In the first match of the year, she became the first U.S. goalkeeper to save two penalty kicks during regulation time, twice stopping Iceland spot kicks in the opening game of the 2010 Algarve Cup
- Finished seventh in the voting for FIFA 2010 Women’s World Player of the Year
- Was in goal for the USA in the championship game of 2008 Four Nations Tournament and the 2008 Algarve Cup, the crucial semifinal victory in Olympic Qualifying that sent the USA to China, and the championship game of the Peace Queen Cup in South Korea
Fun Facts: At one time thought she would be a field player in soccer or play basketball in college ... Interests outside of soccer include beach volleyball, snowboarding and reading ... Grew up camping, so she loves boating on lakes and anything outdoors ... Another hobby is remodeling her 70-year-old home ... Her family owns four chickens
Red, White & Trending: March 4-10
Jamie MacDonald March 11, 2016
A highlight reel of fun from Team USA Media Summit (Matt Grevers hams it up, gold-medal friendships form, Sam Mikulak leaves an impression, Jackie Galloway runs the gauntlet), Alex Morgan and Hope Solo share lots of hardware, Bode Miller has a walker, Cyrus Hostetler channels King James and much more.
U.S. Olympic Committee Announces Best Of February Honors For Team USA Awards Presented By Dow
United States Olympic Committee March 10, 2016
Snowboarder Kim, wrestler Burroughs and the women's soccer team earn February accolades.
Vote On Team USA's Top Athletes From February
March 01, 2016
See which athletes made Team USA's Best of February nominations and vote on your favorites.
Red, White & Trending: Feb. 19-25
Jamie MacDonald Feb. 26, 2016
Diver Steele Johnson strikes a pose in Rio after he and his partner #qualified, Team USA women hoop it up with style in their soles, hockey legends face off, Lindsey Vonn winds up starstruck, Jonathan Horton's class act and much more.
Young Players Shine With Vets As U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Wins CONCACAF Tournament
Michael Lewis Feb. 21, 2016
The U.S. team beat Canada 2-0 on Sunday after securing an Olympic berth on Friday.
U.S. Women's Soccer Team Qualifies For Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Michael Lewis Feb. 19, 2016
Alex Morgan had a hat trick and 17-year-old Mallory Pugh shined in the 5-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago.
U.S. Women's Soccer Team Defeats Costa Rica To Take The First Step Towards Rio
Darci Miller Feb. 10, 2016
Alex Morgan scored twice in a 5-0 win as Team USA dominated its first Olympic qualifying match.
Everything You Need To Know Ahead Of Women’s Soccer Olympic Qualifying
Michael Lewis Feb. 09, 2016
The CONCACAF tournament will be held Feb. 10-21 in Texas.
U.S. Soccer Names 20-Member Women's Team For Olympic Qualifying Tournament
U.S. Soccer Jan. 26, 2016
The Olympic qualification tournament will be held on February 10-21 in Texas.
Top 15 Team USA Women Of 2015
Paul D. Bowker Dec. 21, 2015
Who were the top female athletes across all sports in 2015?
More Stories ›