- Helped the U.S. Men win the 2015 FIVB World Cup and qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games
- Helped the U.S. Men win the 2014 FIVB World League title
- Named 2010 AVCA Men’s DI-II Player of the Year as he led Stanford to the NCAA National Championship
- Co-Most Outstanding Player along with teammate Brad Lawson at the 2010 NCAA tournament, also on the All-Tournament Team
- DID YOU KNOW?
- Helped the U.S. Men win bronze at the 2015 FIVB World League
- Has played professionally in Germany and Turkey
- Served as team captain for the 2011 U.S. Pan American Cup team that won the gold medal in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Competed with the 2011 U.S. A2 Team that finished second at the Pan American Cup in Quebec
- Played libero for the 2007 Men’s Junior National Team that finished seventh at the FIVB World Championship
- Was the starting setter for the 2006 Men’s Junior Team that finished second at the NORCECA Continental Championship in Mexico
- Was named Best Setter at the 2004 NORCECA Boys’ Youth Championship as the U.S. won gold in Mexico City
- Two-time AVCA First Team All-American at Stanford
- Lettered four years in volleyball and golf and three years in basketball at Iolani School in Honolulu
- Four-time Junior National Championship all-tournament choice with the Outrigger Canoe Volleyball Club
Red, White & Trending: Sept. 30-Oct. 6
Jamie MacDonald Oct. 07, 2016
Rickie Fowler left alone in a Ryder Cup celebration, Allyson Felix makes USC history, surf’s up for women’s national soccer teamers, Siberian volleyball with Erik Shoji, the best week ever for Tatyana McFadden, freeskiers flip for Cirque du Soleil, Michael Phelps jumps all-in on retirement, Carli Lloyd hits the bestseller list while Lindsey Vonn hits the bookstore shelves, we have our first snowman of the year, plus much more.
Men's Update: What's Next?
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Oct. 06, 2016
U.S. men's players Have already started playing for their overseas clubs
25 Times Team USA Had The Most Precious Celebrations At The Rio Olympics
Sept. 14, 2016
See Team USA's most emotional medal celebrations from Rio 2016.
Back From The Brink, American Men Revel In Hard-Earned Volleyball Bronze
Nick McCarvel Aug. 21, 2016
After losing the first two sets, Team USA fought back and earned bronze over Russia for its first medal since '08.
U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Falls To Italy In Olympic Semifinal
Associated Press Aug. 19, 2016
Team USA put up a fight, forcing the match to five sets; will now play for bronze.
Team USA Cruises Into Men's Volleyball Semifinals With Three-Set Win Over Poland
Associated Press Aug. 17, 2016
The U.S. will face either Iran or Italy in the semifinals.
Quarterfinal Bound: U.S. Men Defeat Mexico
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 15, 2016
The U.S. Men win their third straight pool play match, 3-0 over Mexico, and live to play another day
Making Up Ground, U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Rolls Mexico To Advance To Quarterfinals
Aug. 15, 2016
Team captain David Lee scored 11 points to help push the U.S. into the quarterfinals.
Right Back In The Mix: The U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Defeats France To Improve To 2-2
Associated Press Aug. 13, 2016
In a must-win match, Team USA defeated France 3-1.
U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Earns Hard-Fought Victory Over Brazil
Associated Press Aug. 11, 2016
Team USA downed the previously-unbeaten host nation for its first win in Rio.