Name: Greg Shaw
2014 Paralympic Event: Sled hockey
DOB: Feb. 28, 1990
Birthplace: Merritt Island, Fla.
Hometown: Merritt Island, Fla.
Current Residence: Titusville, Fla.
High School: The Winter Sports School (Park City, Utah) ‘09
Club Team: Tampa Bay Lightning/Space Coast Hurricanes
- Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games, gold; Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, gold
- Four-time International Paralympic Committee Ice Sledge Hockey World Championship medalist, gold (2009, 2012), silver (2013), bronze (2008)
- Four-time IPC World Sledge Hockey Challenge medalist, gold (2012), silver (Nov. 2011, 2013), bronze (April 2011)
- 2011 Japan Para Ice Sledge Hockey Championship, 3rd
- 2013 USA Hockey Sled Cup, 1st
- Eight-time U.S. National Sled Hockey Team member, 2006-14
Greg Shaw began his sled hockey career as a teenager, playing with the National Ability Center’s Golden Eagles sled hockey club based out of Park City, Utah, from 2007-11. He made his first U.S. National Sled Hockey Team for the 2006-07 season, and he was part of the gold-medal-winning squad at the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games.
Shaw was born with sacral agenesis, a condition that affects the spinal cord. A graduate of the Winter Sports School, a college preparatory program based in Park City, Utah, Shaw also enjoys swimming, surfing and skateboarding.