- Won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio
- Named Best Libero as the U.S. Men won the FIVB World Cup and qualified for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro
- Started every set of the 2014 World League Final Round where the U.S. Men won the gold medal
- Became the first four-time first-team All-America in the history of AVCA honors
- DID YOU KNOW?
- At the 2016 Olympic Games, finished first among diggers (1.81 digs per set) and second among receivers (75 excellent receptions and 11 faults on 166 attempts).
- Named Best Receiver at 2015 NORCECA Champions Cup
- Named tournament MVP, Best Libero, Best Digger and Best Receiver at the 2014 NORCECA World Championship Qualifier
- Started all 39 sets of the 2013 FIVB World League and led all players in pool play with 118 digs
- Has played professionally in Germany
- Received the Biff Hoffman Award as the school's Outstanding Male Senior, by the Stanford Athletic Board.
- While at Stanford, Erik and brother Kawika became the first brothers ever to earn AVCA all-America first-team honors in the same year
- While playing for Stanford, had a "kick set" featured on ESPN's Plays of the Week
- Set the unofficial national record for digs in a season (2008), with 447 (the NCAA began to keep official records in 2009)
- Competed for the United States at the World University Games in Shenzhen, China
- Member of the Men's Junior National Team that took bronze at the NORCECA Continental Championships in El Salvador and was named Best Passer, Best Defender, and Best Libero of the Tournament
- Member of the Boys' Youth National Team that took silver in the NORCECA Continental Championships in the Dominican Republic
- Graduated from Punahou School in 2008. Won three consecutive state titles with the school before losing in the finals to Iolani in 2008
- Two-time, all-state tennis player at Punahau and won the 2007 state doubles title
- Member of 17s runner-up Outrigger Canoe Volleyball Club in 2006 and named to all-tournament team
U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Falls To Italy In Olympic Semifinal
Associated Press Aug. 19, 2016
Team USA put up a fight, forcing the match to five sets; will now play for bronze.
Semi Sweet: U.S. Men Top Poland to Advance
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 17, 2016
U.S. becomes only country with men's and women's teams in Olympic semifinals
Team USA Cruises Into Men's Volleyball Semifinals With Three-Set Win Over Poland
Associated Press Aug. 17, 2016
The U.S. will face either Iran or Italy in the semifinals.
Quarterfinal Bound: U.S. Men Defeat Mexico
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 15, 2016
The U.S. Men win their third straight pool play match, 3-0 over Mexico, and live to play another day
Making Up Ground, U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Rolls Mexico To Advance To Quarterfinals
Aug. 15, 2016
Team captain David Lee scored 11 points to help push the U.S. into the quarterfinals.
U.S. Men Avoid Letdown and Beat France
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 13, 2016
U.S. Men overcome challenges to get second Olympic victory
Right Back In The Mix: The U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Defeats France To Improve To 2-2
Associated Press Aug. 13, 2016
In a must-win match, Team USA defeated France 3-1.
U.S. Men's Volleyball Team Earns Hard-Fought Victory Over Brazil
Associated Press Aug. 11, 2016
Team USA downed the previously-unbeaten host nation for its first win in Rio.
U.S. Men Beat Brazil to Keep Hopes Alive
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 11, 2016
Serving and passing improve significantly in 3-1 win over host country and world No. 1 Brazil
U.S. Men Improve in Loss to Italy
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 09, 2016
First-time Olympians pull together and win first Olympic set