- Won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio
- Named Best Libero as the U.S. Men won the FIVB World Cup and qualified for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro
- Started every set of the 2014 World League Final Round where the U.S. Men won the gold medal
- Became the first four-time first-team All-America in the history of AVCA honors
- DID YOU KNOW?
- At the 2016 Olympic Games, finished first among diggers (1.81 digs per set) and second among receivers (75 excellent receptions and 11 faults on 166 attempts).
- Named Best Receiver at 2015 NORCECA Champions Cup
- Named tournament MVP, Best Libero, Best Digger and Best Receiver at the 2014 NORCECA World Championship Qualifier
- Started all 39 sets of the 2013 FIVB World League and led all players in pool play with 118 digs
- Has played professionally in Germany
- Received the Biff Hoffman Award as the school's Outstanding Male Senior, by the Stanford Athletic Board.
- While at Stanford, Erik and brother Kawika became the first brothers ever to earn AVCA all-America first-team honors in the same year
- While playing for Stanford, had a "kick set" featured on ESPN's Plays of the Week
- Set the unofficial national record for digs in a season (2008), with 447 (the NCAA began to keep official records in 2009)
- Competed for the United States at the World University Games in Shenzhen, China
- Member of the Men's Junior National Team that took bronze at the NORCECA Continental Championships in El Salvador and was named Best Passer, Best Defender, and Best Libero of the Tournament
- Member of the Boys' Youth National Team that took silver in the NORCECA Continental Championships in the Dominican Republic
- Graduated from Punahou School in 2008. Won three consecutive state titles with the school before losing in the finals to Iolani in 2008
- Two-time, all-state tennis player at Punahau and won the 2007 state doubles title
- Member of 17s runner-up Outrigger Canoe Volleyball Club in 2006 and named to all-tournament team
Men's Update: Shoji Brothers Adapting to Russia
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Nov. 17, 2016
Erik Shoji does an interview on life in Russia
Men's Update: Sander in China
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Nov. 10, 2016
U.S. outside hitter Taylor Sander has begun competing in China and updates on U.S. men competing around the world
Men's Update: Anderson Fights Autism
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (email@example.com) Nov. 02, 2016
Updates on U.S. men's volleyball players competing around the world
Red, White & Trending: Sept. 30-Oct. 6
Jamie MacDonald Oct. 07, 2016
Rickie Fowler left alone in a Ryder Cup celebration, Allyson Felix makes USC history, surf’s up for women’s national soccer teamers, Siberian volleyball with Erik Shoji, the best week ever for Tatyana McFadden, freeskiers flip for Cirque du Soleil, Michael Phelps jumps all-in on retirement, Carli Lloyd hits the bestseller list while Lindsey Vonn hits the bookstore shelves, we have our first snowman of the year, plus much more.
Men's Update: What's Next?
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Oct. 06, 2016
U.S. men's players Have already started playing for their overseas clubs
25 Times Team USA Had The Most Precious Celebrations At The Rio Olympics
Sept. 14, 2016
See Team USA's most emotional medal celebrations from Rio 2016.
Russell Named to Rio Olympic Dream Team
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 22, 2016
U.S. players who won bronze finish Olympics among statistics leaders
Their Best at Last; U.S. Men Beat Russia for Bronze
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 21, 2016
Reid Priddy leads U.S. Olympic comeback from 0-2 to third-place finish
Back From The Brink, American Men Revel In Hard-Earned Volleyball Bronze
Nick McCarvel Aug. 21, 2016
After losing the first two sets, Team USA fought back and earned bronze over Russia for its first medal since '08.
Bronze is the New Gold for U.S. Men
B.J. Hoeptner Evans Aug. 19, 2016
U.S. Men will play for third place on Sunday after five-set loss to Italy