- Won a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio
- Named Best Libero as the U.S. Men won the FIVB World Cup and qualified for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro
- Started every set of the 2014 World League Final Round where the U.S. Men won the gold medal
- Became the first four-time first-team All-America in the history of AVCA honors
- DID YOU KNOW?
- At the 2016 Olympic Games, finished first among diggers (1.81 digs per set) and second among receivers (75 excellent receptions and 11 faults on 166 attempts).
- Named Best Receiver at 2015 NORCECA Champions Cup
- Named tournament MVP, Best Libero, Best Digger and Best Receiver at the 2014 NORCECA World Championship Qualifier
- Started all 39 sets of the 2013 FIVB World League and led all players in pool play with 118 digs
- Has played professionally in Germany
- Received the Biff Hoffman Award as the school's Outstanding Male Senior, by the Stanford Athletic Board.
- While at Stanford, Erik and brother Kawika became the first brothers ever to earn AVCA all-America first-team honors in the same year
- While playing for Stanford, had a "kick set" featured on ESPN's Plays of the Week
- Set the unofficial national record for digs in a season (2008), with 447 (the NCAA began to keep official records in 2009)
- Competed for the United States at the World University Games in Shenzhen, China
- Member of the Men's Junior National Team that took bronze at the NORCECA Continental Championships in El Salvador and was named Best Passer, Best Defender, and Best Libero of the Tournament
- Member of the Boys' Youth National Team that took silver in the NORCECA Continental Championships in the Dominican Republic
- Graduated from Punahou School in 2008. Won three consecutive state titles with the school before losing in the finals to Iolani in 2008
- Two-time, all-state tennis player at Punahau and won the 2007 state doubles title
- Member of 17s runner-up Outrigger Canoe Volleyball Club in 2006 and named to all-tournament team
U.S. Men at Work in Win over Australia
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) July 02, 2016
Max Holt stands out in his return from injury. Murphy Troy plays admirably at opposite
U.S. Block Party Quiets Sokolov and Bulgaria
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (email@example.com) July 01, 2016
Veterans David Lee and Reid Priddy combine for seven blocks in victory over Bulgaria
U.S. Men Hold Down Australia
B.J. Hoepter Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) June 25, 2016
Offense from the middle helps beat team from Down Under
U.S. Men Find Rhythm to Beat Belgium
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (email@example.com) June 24, 2016
U.S. Men overcome rough first set to defeat European side.
Red, White & Trending: June 17-23
Jamie MacDonald June 24, 2016
Team USA's epic selfie day catches up with Michael Phelps and Tiger Woods, chronicling King James' historic Finals, conjuring deep emotions on #OlympicDay, taking giant leaps with Alana Nichols, exposing Tara Lipinski's fears, a White House visit, Father's Day tributes with a Team USA twist, Kaitlyn Farrington's pictures from (almost) the top of the world, Patrick Kane makes hockey history (and Jimmy Buffett's timeline), Kevin Durant makes Austin's day and much more.
US Men Have New Look for World League
B.J. Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) June 23, 2016
Injury to Max Holt changes Speraw's plan for Olympic group to compete together.
12 U.S. Men’s Volleyball Players Who Will Go For Gold In Rio Selected To Olympic Team
Craig Bohnert June 21, 2016
Two-thirds of the squad are Olympic rookies, while Reid Priddy makes his fourth Olympic appearance.
USAV Announces U.S. Olympic Men's Team
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (email@example.com) June 21, 2016
Youthful U.S. team will compete at 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro
Brazil Defends its Turf against U.S. Men
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) June 18, 2016
Host Brazil hands U.S. Men their first loss of the 2016 FIVB World League campaign
U.S. Men Challenge Iran in 3-1 Victory
B.J. Hoeptner Evans (email@example.com) June 17, 2016
The U.S. Men win two challenges at the end of the match to secure second World League win
More Stories ›