Event/Discipline: Sprint Canoe, C-1, C-2
Current Residence: Gainesville, Ga.
School: Gainesville State College (Environmental Studies, Psychology)
Club: Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club
- 2009 World Championships - 14th place (C2 1000m)
- 2007 Pan Am Games - 7th place (C2 1000m, 500m)
- 2011 US National Sprint Team Member
- 2011 World Championships in Szeged, Hungary: 8th in C4 1000m A Final
- 2011 World Cup No. 3 in Duisburg, Germany: reached semifinals in C-2 500m ( 7th in semi), C-2 200m (8th in semi) and C-2 1000m (9th in semi)
- 2011 World Cup No. 2 in Racice, Czech Republic: reached semifinal in C-2 1000m (9th in semi), knocked out in heats for C-2 200m (9th in heat)
- 2011 US Sprint Team Trials: 1st place in C-2 1000m
- 2X 2011 National Champion: C-2 1000m (with Robert Finlayson); C-4 1000m
- Job: Personal Trainer
- Hobbies: playing guitar, salsa, soccer
- Quote: "The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination" - Tommy Lasorda
- How'd you get started: During a summer camp as a 10 year old, since then I always loved the fun and challenge of the sport.
- Hero: My Grandfather because he is the most determined and hard working person I have ever met.
- Trivia: I did service work in Brazil for 6 months in 2004
- Click HERE to read a Q&A with Alejandro.