Name: Jon Rydberg
Sport: Wheelchair Tennis
Event(s): Singles, Doubles
Classification: Men's Open
Birthplace: Grantsburg, Wis.
Hometown: Pine City, Minn.
High School: Pine City High School (Pine City, Minn.) ‘96
College: University of Texas at Arlington ‘01, Graphic Design
Coach(es): Dan James, Jason Harnett
- Four-time Paralympian (2004, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- London 2012 Paralympic Games, singles (round of 32), double (round of 32)
- Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games, singles (round of 16), doubles (round of 16)
- Athens 2004 Paralympic Games, singles (round of 16), doubles (round of 16)
Other Career Highlights
- 2011 Parapan American Games, doubles (gold)
- 2007 Parapan American Games, singles (gold), doubles (gold)
- 2010-12 U.S. World Cup team member
- 2006-08 U.S. World Cup team member
- 2000-04 U.S. World Cup team member
Personal: Son of Paul Rydberg, Joe and Danea Nilsson…Has two brothers, Paul and Gunnar…Married Sarah Rydberg on June 4, 2010…Has two sons, Atticus and Elias…Hobbies include boating, hockey, and spending time with friends and family…Member of the 1997 National Intercollegiate Basketball Championship Team - University of Texas at Arlington…Fan of Thai food…Cheers for the Minnesota Wild...Coaches both boy’s and girl’s tennis at East Ridge High School in Woodbury, Minnesota.