Jennifer Ruddell has established herself as one of the top women's wheelchair basketball players in the world and she has experienced no shortage of team success along the way. She helped lead the U.S. to the gold medal at the 2007 Parapan American Games and was also part of the team that won gold at the 2004 Paralympic Games in Athens. In 2008, Ruddell was co-captain of Team USA as they won the gold medal for the second consecutive Paralympic Games.
As a member of the
Ruddell works full-time as an Assistant Professor of Sport Management of Online Education at
Ruddell and her husband, Ben, recently welcomed their first child, a son, Isaac.
- 2008: Gold medal, U.S. Paralympic Women’s Wheelchair Basketball Team – Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: First place - North American Cup, Birmingham, Alabama
- 2008: First place - Joseph F. Lyttle World Basketball Challenge, Warm Springs, Georgia
- 2007: Gold medal - Parapan American Games, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 2006: Silver medal - IWBF Gold Cup (World Championships), Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2006: Finalist for Women's Sports Foundation's "Sportswoman of the Year" Award
- 2004: Gold medal - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2004: University of Illinois Student Athlete of the Year
- 2004: Women's Wheelchair Basketball National Tournament MVP
- 2002: Silver medal, Tournament MVP - IWBF Gold Cup, Kitakyushu, Japan
- Four-time national champion (2002-04, 2006) - University of Illinois Women's Wheelchair Basketball team