Name: Micki Reeves
Primary events: Canoe Slalom, C1 Women
Birth date: 09/10/1989
Hometown: Grand Junction, Colorado
Current residence: Denver, CO and Durango, CO
College/school: University of Colorado at Boulder
Club/team: I am not currently affiliated with a club, although I work with Cathy Hearn in Durango, CO who also coaches for Durango Whitewater.
2014 U.S. Senior National Team Member
- U.S. Senior Slalom National team member (2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008)
- 2012 U-23 US Slalom Team Member
- 3rd Place Overall in 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race Series
- 2014 World Championships: 23rd in C1W
- 2014 World Cup Final: 8th in C1W
- 2014 World Cup No. 4: 16th in C1W
- 2014 World Cup No. 1: 16th in C1W
- 2014 U.S. Team Trials: 2nd in C1W
- 2014 U.S. Open: 1st in C1W
- 2013 World Championships: 32nd in C1W
- 2013 Final World Cup Series Rankings: 20th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup Final: 20th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 4: 13th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 3: 17th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 2: 15th in C1W
- 2013 U.S. Slalom Team Trials: 2nd in C1W
- 3rd place 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race #1
- 7th place 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race #2
- 8th place 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race #3
- 2nd place US Slalom Olympic Team Trials
- 6th place U23 World Championships
- 8th place 2012 Slalom World Cup #1
- 10th place 2012 Slalom World Cup #2
- 13th place 2012 Slalom World Cup #3
- 14th place Australian Open
- 1st place US Slalom Age Group Nationals
- 3rd place Charlotte Open World Ranking Race
- 3rd place US National Slalom Team Trials
- 15th place 2010 Slalom World Cup #1
- 14th place 2010 Slalom World Cup #2
- 11th place 2010 Slalom World Cup #3
- 16th place 2010 Slalom World Championships
Nickname: "Micki" is my nickname. My full name is Mackenzie.
Hobbies: Reading, hiking, cooking, baking, photography
Trivia: I like to make 4-course dinners once a week when I have time at home with my husband.
How’d you get started with the sport? I paddled for the first time in Grand Junction through the Great Blue Heron Canoe and Kayak Team run by Dennis Adams in late 2006. Soon after, I began to race in the downriver discipline, competing as a K1. With a left shoulder injury in fall of 2007, I began to paddle more canoe to allow my shoulder to rest and heal. Since then, I have never gone back to kayaking. In 2008, with almost no slalom experience except at a few local Colorado races, I participated in the 2008 US Slalom Olympic Team Trials, where the C1W class was introduced for the first time. After making the US team in 2008, I fell in love with both slalom and canoeing and have never turned back.
Micki Reeves Takes Bronze in Pyrenees Cup
May 07, 2013
Congratulations to Micki Reeves of Denver, Colorado for a third place finish overall in the Pyrenees Cup last week.
Junior Slalom World Championships
July 10, 2012
Caroline Queen (Darnestown, Md.) placed 9th in the U23 Women’s K1 Final Sunday as the 2012 ICF Junior/U23 Slalom World Championships wrapped up in Wausau, Wis. Queen incurred one two-second touch penalty en route to a time of 135.51, which was +18.40 seconds back from the first place finisher Katerina Kudejova of Czech Republic.
Spain Hosts the Final Stop on the Slalom World Cup Circuit
June 22, 2012
Jim Wade (Boise, Idaho) finished 22nd in the Men’s Kayak semifinal Saturday with a time of 97.43, +5.91 seconds behind the first place finisher in the round. Etienne Daille of France would go on to win in the final round.
2012 Slalom World Cup 2
June 14, 2012
Ashley Nee (Darnestown, Md.) closed out the Slalom World Cup No. 2 with a 28th place finish Sunday in the Women’s Kayak semifinal. Nee finished in 218.13, including penalties for two missed gates. Nee and the rest of Team USA will look to finish the World Cup circuit strong next weekend in La Seu d'Urgell, Spain.
Five 2012 U.S. Olympians Named in Wales
June 07, 2012
Add two more athletes and one final boat to the nominees for 2012 U.S. Olympic Canoe/Kayak Team. Eric Hurd (Woodstock, Ga.) and Jeff Larimer (Marietta, Ga.) reached the Men’s Double Canoe (C-2) Final Sunday, where they finished 9th.
More Stories ›