Name: Micki Reeves
Primary events: Canoe Slalom, C1 Women
Birth date: 09/10/1989
Hometown: Grand Junction, Colorado
Current residence: Denver, CO and Durango, CO
College/school: University of Colorado at Boulder
Club/team: I am not currently affiliated with a club, although I work with Cathy Hearn in Durango, CO who also coaches for Durango Whitewater.
2014 U.S. Senior National Team Member
- U.S. Senior Slalom National team member (2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008)
- 2012 U-23 US Slalom Team Member
- 3rd Place Overall in 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race Series
- 2014 World Championships: 23rd in C1W
- 2014 World Cup Final: 8th in C1W
- 2014 World Cup No. 4: 16th in C1W
- 2014 World Cup No. 1: 16th in C1W
- 2014 U.S. Team Trials: 2nd in C1W
- 2014 U.S. Open: 1st in C1W
- 2013 World Championships: 32nd in C1W
- 2013 Final World Cup Series Rankings: 20th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup Final: 20th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 4: 13th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 3: 17th in C1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 2: 15th in C1W
- 2013 U.S. Slalom Team Trials: 2nd in C1W
- 3rd place 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race #1
- 7th place 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race #2
- 8th place 2013 Pyrenees Cup Race #3
- 2nd place US Slalom Olympic Team Trials
- 6th place U23 World Championships
- 8th place 2012 Slalom World Cup #1
- 10th place 2012 Slalom World Cup #2
- 13th place 2012 Slalom World Cup #3
- 14th place Australian Open
- 1st place US Slalom Age Group Nationals
- 3rd place Charlotte Open World Ranking Race
- 3rd place US National Slalom Team Trials
- 15th place 2010 Slalom World Cup #1
- 14th place 2010 Slalom World Cup #2
- 11th place 2010 Slalom World Cup #3
- 16th place 2010 Slalom World Championships
Nickname: "Micki" is my nickname. My full name is Mackenzie.
Hobbies: Reading, hiking, cooking, baking, photography
Trivia: I like to make 4-course dinners once a week when I have time at home with my husband.
How’d you get started with the sport? I paddled for the first time in Grand Junction through the Great Blue Heron Canoe and Kayak Team run by Dennis Adams in late 2006. Soon after, I began to race in the downriver discipline, competing as a K1. With a left shoulder injury in fall of 2007, I began to paddle more canoe to allow my shoulder to rest and heal. Since then, I have never gone back to kayaking. In 2008, with almost no slalom experience except at a few local Colorado races, I participated in the 2008 US Slalom Olympic Team Trials, where the C1W class was introduced for the first time. After making the US team in 2008, I fell in love with both slalom and canoeing and have never turned back.
RECAP: 2014 USA Canoe/Kayak Slalom Team Trials
March 27, 2014
The U.S. will field a veteran squad at the World Championships, including a combined 8 Olympic appearances. Fabien Lefevre, a two-time Olympic medalist for France, will be joined on Team USA by Olympians Casey Eichfeld (2012, 2008), Rick Powell (2008), Benn Fraker (2008), Jeff Larimer (2012) and Eric Hurd (2012).
Announcing the 2014 U.S. Junior and Under-23 Slalom Team
March 25, 2014
USA Canoe/Kayak is proud to nominate 11 athletes to the 2014 U.S. Junior and Under-23 Slalom World Championship Team. They will compete at the ICF Canoe Slalom Jr. and U-23 World Championships in Penrith, Australia, April 23-27, 2014.
Year in Review: Whitewater Slalom
Oct. 20, 2013
2013 Slalom Season Recap
RECAP: 2013 Slalom World Championships
Sept. 11, 2013
A day after Fabien Lefevre placed 4th in the men’s K-1 final, Team USA notched another Top 5 finish when Dana Mann took 5th in the women’s K-1 final as the 2013 Slalom World Championships concluded on Sunday.
RECAP: 2013 Slalom World Cup 4
Aug. 14, 2013
The weekend was highlighted by Fabien Lefevre’s 4th place finish in C-1 and Eichfeld’s hot start in the C-1 heats.
RECAP: 2013 Slalom World Cup 3
July 03, 2013
Dana Mann (Washington, D.C.) placed 26th in the women’s kayak semifinal with a time of 125.49, which was +16.89 seconds behind the round’s first place finisher. Mann incurred two gate touch penalties during her run. She qualified for the semifinal with a 9th place ranking after Friday’s heats.
RECAP: 2013 Slalom World Cup 2
June 26, 2013
Dana Mann (Washington, D.C.) finished 14th in women’s K-1 in her first World Cup of the season and first as a member of Team USA. The Slovakia-born paddler turned in a semifinal run time of 118.17, which was +6.86 seconds behind the round’s first place finisher. She incurred one gate touch penalty, which was enough to knock her out of the Top 10 and a place in the Final.
RECAP: Slalom World Cup No. 1
June 19, 2013
New U.S. paddler Fabien Lefevre (Bethesda, Md.) won the Bronze medal in the Men’s Kayak (K-1) Saturday at the 2013 Slalom World Cup No. 1. The two-time Olympic medalist for France improved from 16th after heats and 5th after the semifinals with a penalty-free final run time of 89.14, which was 2.03 seconds behind the Gold medalist Fabien Doerfler of Germany.
Western Maryland hosts 2013 U.S. Slalom Team Trials, prepares for 2014 World Championships
May 16, 2013
Michal Smolen (Gastonia, N.C.) and Ashley Nee (Bethesda, Md.) win Gold in Men’s and Women’s Kayak, respectively. Micki Reeves (Denver, Colo.) won Gold in Women’s Canoe.
More Stories ›