Hometown: Oxnard, Calif.
Birth Year: 1982
Height: 5-10 (175cm)
Weight: 176 (80kg)
Joined Team: 2006
- Was a 2008 Olympic alternate
- Won a gold medal as the libero for the 2008 Pan American Cup team and a bronze at the 2007 World University Games
- Named to AVCA, MPSF and Volleyball Magazine All-America first teams as a senior at Hawaii in 2005
- Named 2005 Volleyball Magazine defensive player of the year
DID YOU KNOW?
- Was the backup libero for the U.S. Men on the 2010 and 2014 World Championship teams
- Collected 272 digs in 2005, setting a new UH single-season record
- Started his career at UC Santa Barbara in 2002 and transferred to Hawaii in the fall of 2003
- Started playing volleyball in 1993 with the Channel Islands Club out of Ventura, Calif.
- Attended Oxnard High School from 1997-2001 and lettered in volleyball all four years
- Mother is Grace Reft; father, Thomas Reft, died in December 2009; has one brother, Roderick, and two sisters, Cheryll and Charolotte
- Graduated from Hawaii in 2006 with a BA in English
- Has Alaskan, Asian and Filipino roots
More Stories ›