Event: Heavy Weight Dinghy (Finn)
Current Residence: Clearwater, FL
College: University of Miami '06, Sport Administration/Business Management
- 2008 Olympic Games, silver medal in Finn
- 2012 Olympic Games, 12th place in the men's one person dinghy heavy (Finn)
- Team Captain, 2012 U.S. Olympic Sailing Team
- 2011 ISAF Sailing World Championships, 9th
- 2011 U.S. National Championships, 1st
- Three-time US Sailing Sportsman of the Year (2008-10)
- Two-time U.S. Finn national champion, (2009-10)
- 2008 Olympic Games, silver
Fun Facts: Zach enjoys fishing, diving, cooking and home improvement. He also co-founded a charity with his siblings, Olivia Lives.
Zach Railey Or Caleb Paine? The Ultimate Battle Of Two Skilled Sailors For One Olympic Spot
Paul D. Bowker March 04, 2016
Separated by one point, whichever sailor finishes higher at the Finn Europeans goes to Rio.
McNay/Hughes Win Sailing World Cup Gold, While 8 Classes Begin Olympic Qualification
Brandon Penny Jan. 30, 2016
See which athletes lead the pack in the hunt for a spot in Rio.
Olympic Silver Medalist Sailor Zach Railey Returns To Racing After Three-Year Hiatus
Paul D. Bowker Nov. 23, 2015
Railey is at the Finn world championships, racing for the first time since the 2012 Olympics.
Daunting Task Ahead for Zach Railey
Vicki Michaelis July 28, 2012
Railey will try to defeat three-time gold medalist Ben Ainslie on home waters
Countdown to London: Two Days to Go
Amy Rosewater July 25, 2012
Preview the London 2012 Olympic Games at the two-day-out mark
The SEAL life
Maura Gladys March 21, 2012
Team USA sailors submit to the unique test of Navy SEAL workouts