: Jones, Okla.
: Jones, Okla.
: Sprint Kayak, K1 200-meter
: Oklahoma Virtual Academy
: Oklahoma City High Performance Center
2013 U.S. Junior World Championships Team Member
- 2013 U.S. National Team Trials in Oklahoma City, Okla.: 1st in Junior K1 200m, 1st in Junior K2 1000m with Istvan Urban, 1st in Junior K2 200m, 3rd in Junior K1 1000m
•2010 US U14 National Champion K1 1000 meter
•2011 US U16 National Champion K1 1000 meter
• 2011 US U16 National Champion K1 200 meter
• 2011 US U16 National Champion K2 1000 meter
• 3-time individual National Champion
• 9-time Lake Placid International regatta Medalist - 6 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze
• 2012 Junior National Team Member
Hobbies: Playing basketball, working out, and spending time with friends.
Favorite Quote: "Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them—a desire, a dream, a vision." -Muhammad Ali
How'd you get started? One day in April of 2008 when my dad and I were picking up my sister from rowing practice. Right around the time of the Olympic trials, a guy named Matt Woodson came up to me and asked me if I wanted to try sprint kayaking, I got started and liked being around the water, so I have been kayaking ever since.
Who's your mentor? I have many people who I admire and look up to. My parents are two very important people in my life. But my mentor is my coach Shaun Caven. He has been a major part of my success; he keeps me going every day. I wouldn’t want anyone else to be my coach; he has taught me so much about kayaking, but even more about life. He has shown me to put my mind to something and stick to it, to commit to something and do the very best you can at whatever it is.