Name: David Prince
Sport: Track and Field
Current Residence: Brandon, Fla.
- 2012 Paralympic Games, bronze (400m)
- 2011 Parapan American Games, gold medal (200m, 400m)
- 2011 IPC World Championship, silver medal (4x100m relay), bronze medal (400m)
- 2011 U.S. Paralympic National Championship, gold medal (200m, 400m), silver medal (100m)
- 2010 U.S. Paralympic National Championship, gold medal (400m), silver medal (long jump), bronze (200m), fourth place (high jump), fifth (100m)
Facts: Narrowly missed making the 2008 Paralympic Games in Beijing, China four years ago... Moved to Florida after getting married... Improved his personal best in the 400m by more than three second after winning bronze at the 2011 IPC World Championships in 2011... Raised by missionary parents and traveled frequently across the country and to Oaxaca, Mexico... Spent almost eight years in Oaxaca and was outgoing, picking up the language quickly, acting as the interpreter for his two sisters and brother... At 18, he bought a motorcycle and crashed five days later... Accident resulted in having his leg amputated below the knee as well as a traumatic head injury... Since the injury, he's become addicted to exercise.
US Para Track and Field
More Stories ›