2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Las Vegas, NV
- Tampa, FL
High school attended:
- J.W. Mitchell High
Year of graduation:
Location of high school:
- New Port Richey, FL
Other high school activities:
- JROTC 2003-2005
- SPC Tarpon Campus - Fall 2005- Spring 2006
- MCC Bradenton Campus - Spring 2007
Occupation, current employer:
- Mobile Sales Consultant Bestbuy and professional inline speed skater for atom/luigino racing.
- I would like to become a Nutritionist/Dietitian and start my own private practice dedicated to athletes and people serious about making a change in their life.
Current skating club:
- Stardust Speed Club
- Samuel Johnson and Eric Licata
When did you begin skating:
Are you sponsored and if so, by whom:
- Atom/Luigino racing (Nistevo Sport)
Future goals you hope to obtain as a skater:
- Become a world champion, as well as a top 5 competitor internationally. It has been a dream of mine since I was a young boy. I have checked off every other goal in my book. Becoming a world champion and known internationally for being a fierce competitor are the last goals to check off that list.
Team USA Sport Accomplishments:
- United States World Team 2011
Awards, honors and statistics received in roller sports:
- Pro men 500m record holder
- 2 man indoor national record holder
- 1st place 2 man Indoor National Champion 2012 & 2014
- 3rd place 2 mix Indoor National Champion
- 4 man indoor national record holder
- 1st place 4 man Indoor National Champion
- 6 time grand champion in the Pro NSC League
- 1st place Indoor National Overall Pro men champion 2014
- 2nd place overall Indoor National Pro Men 2013
- 3rd place overall Indoor National Champion 2012
Who is the person you most admire/greatest influence in your life and why:
- My Father was a very resilient and courageous person; spending much of my time with him made me value these rare characteristics. He fought continuously throughout his life and was never afraid to fail. Sometimes the most courageous act is the risk of failure. His fearless attitude towards failure distinguished and fueled his risky behavior, but in turn, highlighted his many successes. The last years of his life taught me more than I cared to learn at the time. It taught me how quickly life can change… that all the success, natural talent, and gifted intelligence can be taken so easily if you follow the wrong path. I admire him for his accomplishments, and the ability to persevere no matter how grim a situation became.
List your hobbies:
- Hanging out with friends.
- Listening to audio books while driving.
- watching documentaries
What music do you listen to during training or competition?
- EDM radio on Pandora
Favorite food before a competition:
- depends on when the competition is. If it's in the morning then I'll eat oatmeal with almonds. If it's later in the day I'll eat pasta and drink a pre-made carb shake within 30 min of racing.
- Butterfly Effect
Most prized possession:
- my supplements (lol yes, it's that serious) and skates
If you could pick one word to describe you, what would it be:
- Alan Paul R.I.P 06/12/10
- Michelle Mathews
- Kris and Cameron Mathews
More Stories ›