Birthplace: St. Louis, Mo.
Hometown: Naperville, Ill.
High School: Naperville Central High School (Naperville, Ill.)
College: University of Tennessee
Team: Los Angeles Sparks
- Two-time Olympian; Two-time Olympic gold medalist
- London 2012 Olympic Games, gold medal
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, gold medal
- Two-time WNBA Most Valuable Player (2008, 2013)
- Three-time WNBA All-Star (2008, 2013, 2014)
- Two-time USBWA Player of the Year
- 2008 Naismith Award
- Two-time winner of the Wooden Award
- 2008 WNBA Rookie of the Year
- 2008 Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year
Fun Facts: Married to professional basketball player Shelden Williams, a 2005 USA World University Games Team gold medalist; gave birth to the couple’s first child, Lailaa, on May 13, 2009 ... Works with community service organizations such as D.A.R.E, Loaves & Fishes, and the Ronald McDonald House ... Became the first woman ever to win a slam-dunk contest, winning the 2004 Powerade Jam Fest that was part of the McDonald's All American Game festivities. In the process she defeated five men, including J.R. Smith and Rudy Gay ... Hopes to one day become a television broadcaster/announcer and lists ABC's Robin Roberts and media mogul Oprah Winfrey as celebrities she admires ... Brother Anthony retired from the NBA in 2012.
More Stories ›