Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 5'5'' WEIGHT 132 lbs
Annie O'Shea began in the sport of skeleton in November 2004 and quickly rose in international standings, claiming the 2007 America's Cup title her first year on the national team. O'Shea claimed the final 2007-08 World Cup spot by winning the final National Team Trials race in Park City, Utah on November 10, 2007. O'Shea has a B.S. in sport management and wellness and fitness from California University of Pennsylvania. She is currently pursuing her MBA in international business from Keller Graduate School of Management.
She was a track athlete in high school high school and the start of her college career when she attended Plattsburgh State University. She was the 2004 N.Y. state champion in the pentathlon, and has always loved for sprinting and jumping.
She was first introduced to the sport of skeleton when she was competing in the summer Empire State Games in N.Y. She was approached by John Daly's father, during the summer of 2004, when O'Shea was going into her senior year of high school. That November, with her parents encouragement, she traveled to Lake Placid for her first ever camp. She wasn't in love at first, but she was invited back in February and decided to give it one more chance before her winter N.Y. state meet and before she made her final college commitments. It wasn't until that trip that she really found a love for the sport. She changed all of her plans and decided to pursue skeleton with the support of her family.
- 2016 World Championships in women's skeleton - 5th in Igls (2/16)
- 2016 World Championships in team event - 7th in Igls (2/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup - 12th in Altenberg (11/15); 11th in Winterberg (12/15); 8th in Koenigssee (12/15); GOLD in Lake Placid (1/16); 4th in Park City (1/16); SILVER in Whistler (1/16); 6th in St. Moritz (2/16)
- 2015 World Championships in women's skeleton event - 18th (3/15)
- 2015 World Championships in team event - 5th (3/15)
- 13th overall in 2014-2015 World Cup - 9th in Lake Placid (12/14); 12th in Calgary (12/14); 17th in Altenberg (1/15); 9th in Koenigssee (1/15); 23rd in St. Moritz (1/15); 17th in Igls #1 (2/15); 13th in Igls #2 (2/15); 17th in Sochi (2/15)
- 2013-2014 World Cup -16th in Winterberg (1/14)
- 2013-2014 Intercontinental Cup - 14th in Igls #1 (12/13), 11th in Igls #2 (12/13); 12th in Altenberg #1 (12/13); 9th in Altenberg #2 (12/13); 10th in Park City #1 (1/14); 16th in Park City #2 (1/14)
- 2013-2014 North American Cup - BRONZE in Park City (11/13)
- 2013 National Championships - GOLD in Lake Placid (3/13)
- 2012-2013 European Cup - 10th in Altenberg #1 (1/13)
- 2012-2013 Intercontinental Cup -15th in Whistler #1 (11/12), 14th in Whistler #2 (11/12), 14th in Park City #1 (12/12), 8th in Park City #2 (12/12), 10th in Igls #1 (1/13), 17th in Igls #2 (1/13), 15th in Altenberg #1 (1/13), 17th in Altenberg #2 (1/13), 15th in Winterberg (1/13)
- 2011-2012 World Cup -7th in Igls (12/11), SILVER in La Plagne (12/11), 9th in Winterberg (12/11), 12th in Altenberg (1/12), 18th in Koenigssee (1/12), 18th in St. Moritz (1/12), 9th in Whistler (2/12)
- 2011 National Champion
- 11th overall in 2010-2011 World Cup -15th in Whistler (11/10), 13th in Calgary (12/10), 13th in Park City (12/10), 10th in Lake Placid (12/10), 13th in Igls (1/11), 12th in Winterberg (1/11), 11th in St. Moritz (1/11), 17th in Cesana (1/11)
- 20th overall in 2009-2010 Intercontinental Cup -22nd in Winterberg #1 (11/09), 19th in Winterberg #2 (11/09), 19th in Konigssee (12/09), 15th in Cesana (12/09)
- 2008-2009 America's Cup Champion -6th in Park City (11/08), BRONZE in Calgary #1 (11/08) BRONZE in Calgary #2 (11/08), SILVER in Lake Placid #1 (11/08), SILVER in Lake Placid #2 (11/08), GOLD in Lake Placid #3 (4/09), SILVER in Lake Placid (4/09)
- 8th overall in 2008-2009 Intercontinental Cup -4th in Calgary (12/08), 11th in Park City #1 (12/08), 12th in Park City #2 (12/08), 7th in Lake Placid (12/08), 6th in Igls (2/09), 9th in Konigssee (2/09), 12th in Cesana #1 (1/09), 7th in Cesana #2 (1/09)
- 17th overall in 2007-2008 World Cup -10th in Calgary (11/07), 10th in Park City (12/07), 11th in Lake Placid (12/07), 17th in Cesana #1 (1/08), 19th in Cesana #2 (1/08), 14th in St. Moritz (1/08)
- 2007-2008 America's Cup Champion -4th in Calgary #1 (11/06), BRONZE in Calgary #2 (11/06), GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (12/06), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (12/06), SILVER in Park City #1 (12/06), SILVER in Park City #2 (12/06)
- 5th at Junior World Championships in Altenberg, Germany (2/07)
- 1st at Empire State Games in Lake Placid, NY (2/07)
- 14th at Junior World Championships in Igls, Austria (2/06)
- 1st at Empire State Games in Lake Placid, NY (2/06)
6 U.S. Athletes To Watch At The Bobsled & Skeleton World Championships
Stuart Lieberman Feb. 10, 2016
Team USA will be bringing a strong and experienced group to Austria.
Park City World Cup photo gallery
Jan. 19, 2016
Check out images from the Park City World Cup, taken by Charlie Booker.
Red, White & Trending: Jan. 8-14
Jamie MacDonald Jan. 15, 2016
A little love from self-proclaimed-weirdo Shawn Johnson's fiance, Mikaela Shiffrin's comeback puts an emphasis on "back," Skylar Diggins gives back, Team USA gymnasts (and their abs) rock Rio and more.
Lake Placid World Cup photo gallery
Jan. 13, 2016
Check out images from last weekend's Lake Placid World Cup! Photos were taken by Pat Hendrick. Visit www.pathendrickphotography.com for more!
Annie O'Shea Wins Her First Skeleton World Cup
Peggy Shinn Jan. 08, 2016
O'Shea's gold is her second career world cup medal following a silver in 2011.
Lake Placid skeleton national team selection photo gallery
Oct. 28, 2015
Check out images from the men's and women's skeleton national team selection races in Lake Placid!
Matt Antoine Starts Skeleton Season With A Bronze And A Hunger For More
Brandon Penny Dec. 12, 2014
2014 Olympic medalist Matt Antoine led a U.S. skeleton team mixed with veterans and rookies to an impressive season-opening world cup in Lake Placid, New York, where all five athletes finished in the top 10.
U.S. Skeleton Team In Rebuilding Phase
Karen Rosen Dec. 10, 2014
With two of the five U.S. Olympic skeleton racers from the Sochi Games hanging up their sleds and another undergoing surgery, the track is clear for new talent to emerge.
O'Shea and Daly take U.S. National Skeleton Championship titles
March 13, 2013
Annie O’Shea and John Daly secured the 2013 U.S. National Skeleton Championship titles after two days of racing at Mount Van Hoevenberg.
O'Shea and Antoine in U.S. National Skeleton Championships lead after first day of racing
March 12, 2013
Thirty-four skeleton athletes started their bid for the 2013 U.S. National Skeleton Championship title in Lake Placid, N.Y. on Tuesday.
More Stories ›