The 2008 Paralympic Games were the second go-round for Keith Newerla. At the age of 21, Newerla finished in fourth place at the 2004 Games in Athens. In Beijing, he competed in two events, the individual championship test (grade Ib) and the individual freestyle test (grade Ib).
Newerla always tries to help children with disabilities see the benefits of being physically active and keeping a positive outlook on life, whether it is by helping coach the local youth wheelchair basketball team or teaching skiing lessons.
Newerla graduated from Minnesota State University-Moorhead in 2006 with a degree in mass communications. He currently works for Brandywine River Nursery.
- 2008: U.S. Paralympic Team member, Equestrian - Beijing, China
- 2007: Sixth place – USEF Para-Equestrian National Championships
- 2007: 10th place – World Equestrian Games
- 2004: Fourth place - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2004: Grand Champion – U.S. Paralympic Team Trials
- 2004: Gold medal - North American Young Rider Championships
- 2003: Grand Champion - USEF Festival of Champions
- 2002: Gold medal - North American Young Rider Championships
- 2002: Silver medal - Innervision International Championship