Birthplace: Darnestown, Md.
Hometown: Bethesda, Md.
College: University of Maryland
Club: Potomac Whitewater Racing Club
Social Media: Follow Ashley on Facebook and Twitter
2014 U.S. Senior Team Member
- 2014 U.S. National Championships: 2nd K1W
- 2013 World Cup Final: 12th
- 2010 National Champion
- 2007 Qualified Olympic Berth for U.S.
- Two-time U.S. National Team Member
- 4-time U.S. Junior National Team Member
- Whitewater Award at Valley Mill Camp
- 2014 World Championships: 38th in K1W
- 2014 World Cup No. 3: 44th in K1W
- 2014 World Cup No. 1: 31st in K1W
- 2014 U.S. Team Trials: 2nd in K1W
- 2014 U.S. Open: 2nd in K1W
- 2013 World Championships: 43rd in K1W
- 2013 Final World Cup Series Rankings: 32nd in K1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 4: 28th in K1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 3: 34th in K1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 2: 41st in K1W
- 2013 World Cup No. 1: 36th in K1W
- 2013 U.S. Slalom Team Trials: 2nd in K1W
- 2013 US Open: 1st in K1W
- 2012 U.S. National Championships: 2nd in K1W
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Charlotte, NC: 1st in K1W
- 2012 World Cup No. 1 in Cardiff, Wales: 37th in K1W
- Reached semifinals at the 2012 Oceania Open - placing 25th
- Reached semifinals at the 2012 Australian Open - placing 22nd
- Reached the semifinals of 2011 World Cups Nos. 2 & 4
- After major shoulder surgery in 2008, Ashley is back training harder than ever.
- Hobbies: street art, long-boarding
- Role Model: Sarah Bahn because her attitude about racing is great, her accomplishments help.
- Trivia: I'm a volunteer emergency medical technician.
- Read about Ashley's long-distance paddle to raise funds: BEFORE and AFTER
- Q&A with Ashley: LINK
Ashley Nee began paddling slalom at the age of 10 with Valley Mill Camp. She was a member of the 2007 Slalom National team and is a currently member of the 2014 U.S. National Team. Nee also was a part of the Junior National team from 2004-2007. Ashley graduated from Northwest High School in 2008. Ashley is based out of the Washington, D.C. area and trains with National Team coach Silvan Poberaj.
More Stories ›