Event/Discipline: Paracaone, KL 3
Club: Washington Canoe Club
2015 Paracanoe World Championships Team Member
- 2013 Endeavor Games - 1st Place K1-200M
- 2013 Lake Placid International - 1st place in K1-200m
- 2013 US Team Trials - US Team Men’s Para K1 LTA
- 2013 US National Championships - 1st place K1-200M and 5000M
- 2013 ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships - 8th place “B” Finals Paracanoe
- 2014 Lake Placid International - 1st place in K1-200m Paracanoe
- 2014 US Team Trials - US Team Men’s Para K1 LTA
- 2014 ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships
- 2015 Ted Houk Regatta - 1st Place K1-200M Paracanoe
- 2015 Lake Lanier Summer Regatta - 1st Place K1-200M Masters Able Body
- 2015 Lake Lanier Summer Regatta - 1st Place K1-200M Paracanoe
2015 US Team trials, US Team Men’s Para K1 LTA/KL3
- Nickname: "The Nik"
- Job: Security and Weapons Manager
- Hobbies: Paddling and training dogs
- Role Model: Father
- Favorite Quote: "Change is inevitable, growth is optional."
- How he started: One thing led to the next and I went from paddling for exercise to racing to competing on the US Team.
- Sponsors: Stellar Kayaks and Surf Skis
Nik was born and raised in Montana, where he joined the Marine Corps when he turned 18. He has excelled in local surf ski races as well as being the US Paracanoe representative at the 2013 World Championships. Nik is an above the knee amputee, crushed hip, and ruptured aorta, due to mechanical injuries sustained from a careless driver running a stop sign.
Nik is a force to be reckoned with in the paddling scene, able bodied or para-canoeist and we are fortunate to have Nik racing on Team USA! The drive to excel is readily apparent and we are glad to help in any way we can.