Track and Field
- Three-time Olympian (2008, 2012, 2016); Four-time Olympic medalist (3 golds, 1 bronze)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, gold (4x400m); bronze (400m); 6th (200m)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, DNF (400m)
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, gold (400m, 4x400m)
- Won the 400-meter gold medal in 2008 by 0.99 of a second, the largest margin of victory in an Olympic 400 final since 1896.
- Most recent: 2015 – gold (4x400m); silver (400m)
- Years of participation: Outdoor – 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 (400m); Indoor – 2006 (400m)
- Medals: 11 (8 golds, 3 silvers)
- Gold – 2005 (4x400m); 2007 (4x400m); 2009 (400m, 4x400m); 2011 (4x400m); 2013 (400m, 4x400m), 2015 (4x400m)
- Silver – 2007 (400m); 2011 (400m); 2015 (400m)
Team USA Returns To Top Of Podium In Men’s 4x400-Meter
Peggy Shinn Aug. 20, 2016
After winning the relay in 2004 and 2008, the U.S. lost to Bahamas in 2012.
2008 Olympic Champion LaShawn Merritt Returns To 400-Meter Podium, Earns Bronze
Jaylon Thompson Aug. 14, 2016
The 11-time world medalist finally earned his second individual Olympic medal.
5 Takeaways From The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Track And Field
Karen Rosen July 11, 2016
Who's the youngest on the team? The oldest? Which 2012 medalists will return? Who missed out?
Justin Gatlin And LaShawn Merritt Double Their Olympic Fun With Two Track Events
Karen Rosen July 10, 2016
Gatlin and Merritt qualified for their third Olympic Games and will compete two different doubles in Rio.
At 41, Ageless Bernard Lagat Makes Fifth Olympic Team For His Children
Karen Rosen July 09, 2016
Lagat won the 5,000-meter at Olympic Trials for his eighth national title in the event.
Allyson Felix Overcomes Ankle Sprain to Take 400 Title, Make Fourth Olympic Team
Karen Rosen July 03, 2016
Felix will attempt to run both the 200-meter and the 400-meter in Rio.
10 Storylines To Follow At The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Track And Field
Karen Rosen June 30, 2016
More than 1,000 athletes will compete for a shot at roughly 130 spots on Team USA.
Celebrate Flag Day With These 80 Patriotic Team USA Athletes
June 14, 2016
Team USA athletes are proud to represent the red, white and blue.
LaShawn Merritt, David Oliver Claim Diamond League Wins In Record-Breaking Fashion
Craig Bohnert May 22, 2016
Merritt and Oliver led Team USA to six top-three finishes at the meet in Rabat, Morocco.
Seven U.S. Athletes Take Home Wins At Diamond League Season Opener In Doha
Craig Bohnert May 06, 2016
Four of the winning Americans had world-leading efforts.
More Stories ›