Track and Field
- Two-time Olympian (2008, 2012); Two-time Olympic medalist (2 golds)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, qualified
- London 2012 Olympic Games, DNF(400m)
- Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, gold (400m, 4x400m)
- Won the 400-meter gold medal in 2008 by 0.99 of a second, the largest margin of victory in an Olympic 400 final since 1896.
- Most recent: 2015 – gold (4x400m); silver (400m)
- Years of participation: Outdoor – 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015 (400m); Indoor – 2006 (400m)
- Medals: 11 (8 golds, 3 silvers)
- Gold – 2005 (4x400m); 2007 (4x400m); 2009 (400m, 4x400m); 2011 (4x400m); 2013 (400m, 4x400m), 2015 (4x400m)
- Silver – 2007 (400m); 2011 (400m); 2015 (400m)
5 Takeaways From The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Track And Field
Karen Rosen July 11, 2016
Who's the youngest on the team? The oldest? Which 2012 medalists will return? Who missed out?
Justin Gatlin And LaShawn Merritt Double Their Olympic Fun With Two Track Events
Karen Rosen July 10, 2016
Gatlin and Merritt qualified for their third Olympic Games and will compete two different doubles in Rio.
At 41, Ageless Bernard Lagat Makes Fifth Olympic Team For His Children
Karen Rosen July 09, 2016
Lagat won the 5,000-meter at Olympic Trials for his eighth national title in the event.
Allyson Felix Overcomes Ankle Sprain to Take 400 Title, Make Fourth Olympic Team
Karen Rosen July 03, 2016
Felix will attempt to run both the 200-meter and the 400-meter in Rio.
10 Storylines To Follow At The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Track And Field
Karen Rosen June 30, 2016
More than 1,000 athletes will compete for a shot at roughly 130 spots on Team USA.
Celebrate Flag Day With These 80 Patriotic Team USA Athletes
June 14, 2016
Team USA athletes are proud to represent the red, white and blue.
LaShawn Merritt, David Oliver Claim Diamond League Wins In Record-Breaking Fashion
Craig Bohnert May 22, 2016
Merritt and Oliver led Team USA to six top-three finishes at the meet in Rabat, Morocco.
Seven U.S. Athletes Take Home Wins At Diamond League Season Opener In Doha
Craig Bohnert May 06, 2016
Four of the winning Americans had world-leading efforts.
100 Storylines To Follow For The Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Karen Rosen April 27, 2016
Find out just about everything you need to know for the final countdown to the Rio Games.
75 Ways Team USA Athletes Give Back To The World
Lisa Costantini Nov. 15, 2015
Find out how Olympians and Paralympians are making the world a better place, in honor of Philanthropy Day.
More Stories ›