Elana Meyers Taylor
Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 5'8" WEIGHT 175 lbs
Visit Elana Meyers's Website and follow her on Twitter @eamslider24, on Instagram @elanameyerstaylor and on Facebook by searching "Elana Meyers Taylor".
Elana Meyers Taylor was born in Oceanside, Calif. on Wednesday, October 10, 1984. She began the sport of bobsled in 2007, making the national team her rookie season. In 2008 she won her first World Cup medal, a bronze with driver Shauna Rohbock. She followed the performance with a gold medal at the inaugural World Cup in Whistler, Canada. At the 2009 World Championships, Meyers Taylor pushed with driver Shauna Rohbock to win silver, and won the 2010 Olympic bronze medal with pilot Erin Pac in Whistler. Since the Games, Meyers Taylor moved into the driver's seat, and was selected by the coaching staff as an emerging elite pilot. Just four years after jumping into the driver's seat, she claimed the 2014 Olympic silver medal to continue the U.S. women's program's medal winning legacy. Meyers Taylor currently is serving as an Athlete Director on the USBSF Board of Directors.
Meyers Taylor graduated from George Washington University in Washington D.C. in 2011, with a master's degree in sports management after finishing her B.S. in exercise science at George Washington in 2007. While at George Washington, she played shortstop and pitcher for the softball team. Meyers Taylor was named to the ECAC Division I All-Star team in July 2007 for leading the Colonials to their first-ever Atlantic 10 Tournament appearance, with a game-winning grand slam in her final home game. In addition to bobsled, Meyers Taylor also played for the Mid-Michigan Ice, a professional softball team based in Midland, Michigan and she has two caps with the Team USA Rugby 7s team.
Meyers Taylor also holds a MBA in finance from the Keller Graduate School of DeVry. This past summer, she interned in the finance department for the International Olympic Committee in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- She married U.S. national team bobsledder, Nicholas Taylor on April 24, 2014.
- She has two caps with the US Rugby 7s team, playing in tournaments in Guangzhou, China, and Amsterdam.
- Her post-bobsled career goal is to become the CEO of the USOC.
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Bronze medalist as a brakeman with partner Erin Pac
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games- Silver medalist as a driver with Lauryn Williams
- 2016 World Championships in women's - BRONZE in Igls (2/16)
- 2016 World Championships in team event - 7th in Igls (2/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup - 8th in Altenberg (11/15); SILVER in Winterberg (12/15); GOLD in St. Moritz (2/16)
- 2015-2016 European Cup in women's - GOLD in Igls (1/16); GOLD in St. Moritz (1/16)
- 2015-2016 European Cup in four-person - 29th in Igls #1 (1/16); 27th in Igls #2 (1/16)
- 2015 World Championships in women's - GOLD (2/15)
- 2015 World Championships in team event - 5th (3/15)
- 2014-2015 World Cup in four-person - 16th in Calgary (12/14); 13th in Sochi (2/15)
- 2014-2015 World Cup Champion in women's - GOLD in Lake Placid (12/14); GOLD in Calgary (12/14); GOLD in Altenberg (1/15); 6th in Koenigssee (1/15); 4th in St. Moritz; GOLD in La Plagne (1/15); GOLD in Igls (2/15); GOLD in Sochi (2/15)
- 2014-2015 European Cup - Four-person: 10th in La Plagne (12/14)
- 2014-2015 North American Cup - Women's: GOLD in Calgary #2 (11/14); SILVER in Calgary #1 (11/14); GOLD in Park City #1 (11/14); Four-person: Women's: SILVER in Calgary #2 (11/14); BRONZE in Calgary #1 (11/14); 7th in Park City #1 (11/14)
- 2013-2014 World Cup - SILVER in Calgary (11/13), GOLD in Park City #1 (12/13), GOLD in Park City #2 (12/13), SILVER in Lake Placid (12/13), SILVER in Winterberg (1/14), 12th in St. Moritz (1/14), SILVER in Igls (1/14), SILVER in Koenigssee (1/14)
- 2012-2013 World Cup -BRONZE in Lake Placid (11/12), 8th in Park City (11/12), 10th in Whistler (11/12), SILVER in Winterberg (12/12), 4th Team Event in Winterberg (12/12), BRONZE in La Plagne (12/12), 8th in Koenigssee (1/13), 5th in Igls (1/13), BRONZE Team Event in Igls (1/13), SILVER at World Championships in St. Moritz (1/13), GOLD Team Event at World Championships in St. Moritz (1/13), SILVER in Sochi (2/13)
- 2012 U.S. Pilot Push Champion
- 2011-2012 World Cup -BRONZE in Igls (12/11), 8th in La Plagne (12/11), 4th in Winterberg (12/11), 5th in Koenigssee (1/12), 9th in St. Moritz (1/12), BRONZE in World Championships in Lake Placid (2/12)
- 2011-2012 Europa Cup -BRONZE in Igls #1 (11/11), SILVER in Igls #2 (11/11), GOLD in Koenigssee #1 (11/11), GOLD in Koenigssee #2 (11/11), BRONZE in St. Moritz (1/12)
- 2011 U.S. Pilot Push Champion
- 2010-2011 World Cup -6th in Lake Placid (12/10), 11th in Igls (1/11), 9th in Winterberg (1/11), 9th in World Championships in Koenigssee (2/11)
- SILVER in Jr. World Championships in Park City, Utah (1/11)
- 2010-2011 America's Cup -4th in Park City #1 (11/10), 4th in Park City #2 (11/10), GOLD in Calgary (11/10)
- 2010-2011 Europa Cup -7th in Winterberg #1 (12/10)
- 2010 U.S. Push Champion
- 2009-2010 World Cup as push athlete for Shauna Rohbock & Erin Pac -5th in Lake Placid (11/09), 5th in Cesana (12/09), BRONZE in Winterberg (12/09), 6th in Altenberg (12/09), 13th in St. Moritz (1/10), 4th in Igls (1/10)
- 2009 U.S. National Bobsled Push Champion
- Silver at 2009 World Championship in Lake Placid (2/09)
- 2009 U.S. Push Champion
- 2008-2009 World Cup -Bronze in Altenberg (12/08), 4th in Igls (12/08), 6th in St. Moritz #1 (1/09), 4th in St. Moritz #2 (1/09), Gold at Whistler (2/09)
- 2007-2008 World Cup as push athlete for Erin Pac -5th in Park City (12/07), 14th in Cesana (1/08), 17th in Konigssee (2/08), 7th in Winterberg (2/08)
- 7th at World Championship in Altenberg, Germany (2/08)
Aja Evans, Elana Meyers Taylor Win Women's Bobsled Push Championships
Craig Bohnert Sept. 21, 2016
Meyers Taylor claimed her fifth win as a driver and Evans returned to the sport for her third win.
Bobsledders Elana Meyers Taylor and Nic Taylor share Rio Olympic experience
Sept. 02, 2016
Elana Meyers Taylor and Nic Taylor went to the Olympics — but they weren't there to compete!
Witnessing your impact: What it's like to cheer on Team USA in person
Caryn Maconi Aug. 16, 2016
More than 100 families are in Rio with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Foundation
In Her Return From Concussion, Elana Meyers Taylor Takes Bobsled World Championship Bronze
Darci Miller Feb. 13, 2016
Meyers Taylor returned to form after being sidelined with concussion symptoms for much of the season.
Team USA Olympians Write Inspiring Letters To Youth Olympians
Team USA Feb. 11, 2016
17 Olympians share their advice with the 2016 U.S. Youth Olympic Team.
6 U.S. Athletes To Watch At The Bobsled & Skeleton World Championships
Stuart Lieberman Feb. 10, 2016
Team USA will be bringing a strong and experienced group to Austria.
How A Concussion Changed A Year Of Elana Meyers Taylor’s Life And How She’s Overcoming It
Peggy Shinn Jan. 13, 2016
The two-time Olympic medalist will return to competition on the Europe Cup circuit this week.
The 15 Best Photos Of Team USA Celebrating Victory In 2015
Dec. 22, 2015
These photos of pure joy and elation are sure to make your day.
Top 15 Team USA Women Of 2015
Paul D. Bowker Dec. 21, 2015
Who were the top female athletes across all sports in 2015?
Greubel Poser, Meyers Taylor Are First U.S. Women To Go 1-2 On A German Track In At Least 10 Years
Brandon Penny Dec. 05, 2015
Greubel Poser's win was her first on a German track; Meyers Taylor rebounded from eighth last week.
More Stories ›