Event/Discipline: Slalom C-1, C-2
Hometown: Salisbury, Conn.
Club: Housatonic Area Canoe and Kayak Squad
2014 U.S. Senior Team Member
- 2014 World Cup No. 4: 15th in C-2 with Casey Eichfeld
- 2014 World Cup No.1: 12th in C-2 with Casey Eichfeld
- 2014 U.S. National Team Trials: 1st in C-2 with Casey Eichfeld, 7th in C-1
- 2014 Oceania Championships: Gold in C-2, 20th in C-1
- 2013 World Championships: 23rd in C2
- 2013 Final World Cup Series Rankings: 20th in C2
- 2013 World Cup Final: 22nd in C2
- 2013 World Cup No. 4: 14th in C2
- 2013 World Cup No. 3: 40th in C1, 26th in C2
- 2013 World Cup No. 2: 29th in C2
- 2013 World Cup No. 1: 13th in C2
- 2013 U.S. Slalom Team Trials: 1st in C2
- 2012 U.S. National Championships: 2nd in C2
- 15th in C-2 at 2012 Australian Open
- 2011 U.S. Slalom National Team Member
- 2011 U.S. National Team Trials - 3rd place
- 2011 U.S. National Championships - 3rd place
- Made the 2001 U.S. National Team in C-2 with his father, Jamie McEwan
- Nickname: D-Blaster
- Job: Kayak Instructor
- Hobbies: hanging out and looking cool
- Quote: "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Mentor: My dad, for making me paddle and for being an all-around great guy and paddler.
- Trivia: Devin's father, Jamie, is a 2X Olympian and won a Bronze medal at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich. Devin's mother, Sandra Boynton, is a celebrated author of children's books.
- Click HERE to hear a feature on Devin on NPR's All Things Considered.
More Stories ›