Hometown: Gilbertsville, Pa.
Current Residence: College Park, Md.
Joined National Team: 2013
Recovering from one major ACL tear to compete collegiately is a feat in and of itself. McEvoy’s drive and determination have propelled her through two torn ACL’s to play at the collegiate level, win national championships, compete internationally on several Junior National Squads and make the Women’s National Indoor Hockey team roster for 5 years. Even with what she has already accomplished, her dreams have definitely not come to a halt. McEvoy has set her sights on becoming an Olympian in the near future and winning the Women’s Indoor Hockey World Cup in 2015.
- 2015: Series against Argentina (Lancaster, Pa.), 8 Nations Tournament (5th, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand), Series against Ireland (Lancaster, Pa.)
- 2012: Bronze Medal at PanAmerican Jr. World Cup Qualifier (Guadalajara, Mexico)
- 2011: NCAA national Champions at UMD
- 2010: NCAA National Champions and ACC Champions at UMD
- 2006-2012: U16, U19, and U21 National Teams
High School: Boyertown Area Senior High School
College: University of Maryland
Major: Family Sciences
Names of parents/guardians: James and Cindy McEvoy
Names of sibling(s): Twin brother Shane McEvoy
Game day mantra: Take each game, each shot as it comes, and have fun.
Best words of advice: Just play, the rest will take care of itself.