Hometown: Stockton Springs, Maine
Date of birth: February 6, 1989
Education: Bowdoin College, 2011 and The Governor’s Academy, 2007
Club: Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club
2015 U.S. Senior National Team Member
- 2014 Pan American Champion in the K1W 1000m
- 2015 ICF Canoe Sprint and Paracanoe World Championships - 32nd overall in K1 Women 500m
- 2015 U.S. Sprint National Team Trials
- 3rd in K1W 200m
- 3rd in K1W 500m
- 3rd in K2W 500m with Karenna Jacklyn Paul
- How you got into the sport: I was born into a big paddling family; both my parents did a bunch of sprint racing back in the 80s. Growing up on the coast, I did water sports from birth, and my parents lured me into a surfski with ease in high school. After I graduated college, I decided I had to try out this sprint, flatwater game. I’ve been hooked on sprint racing ever since!
- Hobbies: Surfski, painting, pottery, travel, reading
- Role Model: My parents. They’re the whole reason I’ve gotten to where I am today.
Sprint National Team Selected
Aaron Mann April 29, 2015
Announcing Sprint National Teams
2015 Sprint National Team Trials
Aaron Mann April 21, 2015
April 24-25 in Oklahoma City, OK
RECAP: 2013 U.S. Marathon Team Trials
May 23, 2013
In the Senior Men's race, Borys Markin led from start to finish. Markin, a former K4 bronze medalist in the 200-meter Sprint World Championships, represented the Rockaway Olympic Center (NY). By virtue of winning his division and beating the mandatory time standard, Markin punched his ticket to the ICF Marathon World Championships, to be held in Denmark in September.