J. Dee Marinko
Hometown:: Norman, Okla
Birth Date: Sep 9, 1980
College: Panhandle State Univeristy
- Won a silver medal at both 2015 and 2011 Parapan American Games
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION:
2015 - Parapan American Games (Silver)
2014 - ParaVolley World Championships (10th Place)
2011 - Parapan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico (silver). Competed in July in the 2011 Continental Cup in Kettering, England. Competed in May with the U.S. Men’s Sitting Team in the Sarajevo Open in Bosnia-Herzegovina. J. Dee was part of the team that competed in two exhibition matches against Canada in a joint training camp that won both matches.
2010 - Helped the U.S. Men's Sitting Team to 10th place at Sitting World Championships in Oklahoma
Did You Know
- He is the youngest of seven children.
- Played two years of football at Panhandle State University
- He married wife Courtney in 2007 and has a son named Nolan Lanteros born in 1996.
- He was diagnosed with synovial sarcoma cancer in his leg in 2009. He was told there was a 75 percent chance of the cancer coming back if he had the affected parts of his leg removed.
- His favorite music is country, and his happiest moment in life was the birth of his son, Kash.
More Stories ›