- Two-time Olympian (2012, 2016); Two-time Olympic medalist (silver, bronze)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, silver (individual); bronze (team)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, 4th (team); 13th (individual)
- Most recent: 2015 – silver (individual)
- Years of participation: 2009-11, 2013-15
- Medals: 2 (2 silvers)
- Silver – 2013 (team); 2015 (individual)
- Member of the first U.S. men’s foil team to win a medal at the senior world championships (2013)
- First U.S. foil fencer to win an individual silver medal at the senior world championships (2015)
- 2010 Youth Olympic Games, bronze (individual)
- 2015 Pan American Games, gold (individual, team)
- 2011 Pan American Games, gold (individual, team)
American Men Exact Olympic Revenge On Italy, Capture First Team Foil Fencing Medal Since 1932
Nick McCarvel Aug. 12, 2016
After falling short of a medal in London, the same U.S. quartet stormed back to the podium in Rio.
Alexander Massialas Wins Silver For Team USA's First Foil Medal In 56 Years
Karen Rosen Aug. 07, 2016
Massialas also became the first U.S. male fencer to win an individual Olympic medal since 1984.
9 Days To Go: How The Youth Olympics Helped These 9 Athletes Prepare For Rio
Stuart Lieberman July 27, 2016
From boxing to table tennis, these athletes already represented their country on a different stage.
U.S. Olympic Committee Announces 558-Member 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
United States Olympic Committee July 23, 2016
Team USA features 190 returning Olympians, 66 Olympic champions.
Vote On Team USA's Top Athletes From June
June 30, 2016
See which athletes made Team USA's Best of June nominations and vote on your favorites.
Celebrate Flag Day With These 80 Patriotic Team USA Athletes
June 14, 2016
Team USA athletes are proud to represent the red, white and blue.
Alex Massialas Maintains No. 1 World Ranking With Gold In Shanghai
Craig Bohnert June 05, 2016
The foil fencer returned to the top of the podium for the first time in seven months.
U.S. Men’s Foil And Saber Fencing Squads Win World Cup Silver Medals
Craig Bohnert May 15, 2016
Three events resulted in three top-four finishes for U.S. fencing teams.
Meet The 2016 U.S. Olympic Fencing Team
Paul D. Bowker April 28, 2016
Fourteen U.S. fencers will compete among epee, foil and saber disciplines.
Meet The First 100 Members Of The 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
April 24, 2016
From boxers to wrestlers, these athletes were the first to punch their tickets to Rio.
More Stories ›