Event/Discipline: Canoe Slalom, K1Hometown: Bethesda, Maryland
Current Residence: Washington, D.C.
School: University of Maryland
Club: Potomac Whitewater Racing Center
2015 U.S. Senior National Team Member
- 2015 U.S. National Team Trials: 3rd
- 2014 U.S. National Championships: 2nd
- 2014 U.S. National Team Trials: 4th
- 2013 U.S. National Team Trials: 4th
- 2013 Pan American Championships: SILVER in K1
- 2012 U.S. National Championships: 3rd
- 2010 U.S. National Championships: 4th
- Member of 2009 U.S. National Team
- 2009 U.S. National Championships: 4th
- 2009 U.S. National Team Trials: 3rd
- 2008 U.S. National Championships: 3rd
- 2015 World Cup No. 2: 36th in K1
- 2015 World Cup No. 1: 66th in K1
- Director of Communications for USA Canoe/Kayak
- Canoe/Kayak Athlete Representative for the U.S. Olympic Committee Athlete Advisory Council
- U.S. Junior National Team Coach at the 2008 and 2012 Junior & U23 World Championships
- How he started: Started paddling at Valley Mill Camp at age 7. Continued paddling in the summers at Valley Mill and Calleva, until middle school when I started paddling year round with Tom McEwan. As I progressed, Tom told me to try paddling slalom because it would hone my whitewater skills. After a few races, I was hooked.
- Job: Director of Communications for USA Canoe/Kayak
- Hobbies: paddling rivers, golf, mountain biking, wake boarding, climbing, moving rocks on the river, skeet shooting, and helping out the littles.
- Quote: "It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt
- Role model: Alex Ovechkin, because he plays every game as if it is his last and is just as excited when his teammates score, as when he does...
More Stories ›