Norm Lyduch, already a three-time Paralympian (1996 - track & field; 2000, 2004 - wheelchair rugby) heading into Beijing, looked to help the U.S. Paralympic Wheelchair Rugby Team return to the top of the podium in 2008. After dominating many of its opponents, Team USA once again captured the gold medal.
He was first introduced to wheelchair rugby while attending the University of Illinois when he was 18 years old. He describes the game as "awesome" and "hard-hitting."
- 2008: 2008: Gold medal, U.S. Paralympic Wheelchair Rugby Team - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: First place - Canada Cup, Burnaby, British Columbia
- 2008: Second place - North American Cup, Birmingham, Alabama
- 2008: U.S. Quad Rugby Association Division I National Championship - Texas Stampede
- 2007: Nominated to 2008 U.S Paralympic Wheelchair Rugby Team
- 2006: Gold medal - World Wheelchair Rugby Championships, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2006: First place - Canada Cup, Vancouver, British Columbia
- 2006: First place - North American Cup, Birmingham, Ala.
- 2005: USQRA Athlete of the Year
- 2005: USQRA Division I National Championship, Texas Stampede
- 2004: USQRA Division I National Championship, Texas Stampede
- 2004: Bronze medal - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2002: Silver medal - IWRF World Championships, Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2000: Gold medal - Paralympic Games, Sydney, Australia
- 1998: Gold medal - World Championships, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 1996: Member of U.S. Paralympic Team