Hometown: Lakewood, Calif.
Birth Year: 1985
Position: Outside Hitter
Height: 6-7 (201cm)
Weight: 205 lbs (92.99kg)
College: Long Beach State
Joined Team: 2008
- Member of the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team
- Won World League gold medals in 2014 and silver in 2012
- Named 2008 AVCA co-Player of the Year along with Penn State's Matt Anderson after leading Long Beach State to the NCAA Championship semifinals
DID YOU KNOW?
- Competed at the 2010 and 2014 FIVB World Championships
- Won the Polish league championship three times with the club team Asseco Resovia Rzeszow
- 2008 AVCA First Team All-American and MPSF Player of the Year
- Helped U.S. Men win the gold medal at the 2008 Pan American Cup in Winnipeg
- Helped the U.S. Men win the bronze medal at the 2007 World University Games in Bangkok
- Played on the Junior National Team that finished eighth in the 2005 FIVB Men's U21 World Championship in India.
- Played four winters (2011-2015) for Asseco Resovia Rzeszow in Poland and helped the team win three league championships
- Mother is Kathleen Lotman. Father Albert Lotman died in 2011
- Has two older brothers, Mark and Steven and an older sister, Shelley
- Married wife Jasmine in August, 2011
- Attended Los Alamitos High School (1999-2003) and played for the Surf City club team in Huntington Beach
- Graduated from Long Beach State in 2008 with a degree in sociology
THE BIG BLURB
“Paul Lotman has always been a guy who passed incredibly well, and that’s always important on any team. He’s an excellent, skilled volleyball player, a great teammate to have.” – U.S. Men’s Head Coach John Speraw in the Orange County Register
“Volleyball is the right fit for me. I’ve always had a feel for serving, and I’ve worked hard on every aspect of my game. You have to always keep working.” – Paul Lotman in the Orange County Register
Twitter – Instagram
Ask the Pro: Paul Lotman – Volleyball Magazine
Pro volleyball: Paul Lotman serves a purpose – Orange County Register
Former LBSU standout Paul Lotman has much to offer – LA Daily News
MAJOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION: 2014 – FIVB World Championship… FIVB World League (Gold Medal). 2013 – FIVB World League. 2012 – Olympic Games... FIVB World League (Silver Medal)... NORCECA Men’s Continental Olympic Qualification Tournament (Gold Medal). 2011 – FIVB World Cup… NORCECA Men's Continental Championship (Silver Medal)... London Volleyball International Invitational (Bronze Medal)... FIVB World League. 2010 – FIVB World Championship... FIVB World League. 2009 – NORCECA Continental Championship (Silver Medal)... Tour of Brazil... 2010 FIVB World Championship Qualifier for NORCECA Group F (Gold Medal)... FIVB World League. 2008 – Pan American Cup (Gold Medal). 2007 – World University Games (Gold Medal). 2005– FIVB Men's U21 World Championship.
Last edited May, 2015
More Stories ›