Ski and Snowboard
Sport: Alpine Skiing
Current Residence: Park City, Utah
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games, gold medal in giant slalom, 12th in super combined, 14th in super-G, DNF in slalom
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games, 5th in combined, 9th in giant slalom, 19th in super-G, DNF in slalom
- 2006 Olympic Winter Games, gold medal in combined, DSQ in slalom, DNF in giant slalom
- 39 world cup giant slalom medals (23 golds, seven silvers, nine bronzes)
- Six world cup slalom medals (two silvers, four bronzes)
- Two world cup super combined medals (one gold, one silver)
- One world cup super-G medal (silver)
- One world cup downhill medal (silver)
- Five-time overall world cup giant slalom champion (2008, 2010-11, 2013-14)
- Three-time U.S. slalom champion (2005, 2006, 2013)
- Three-time U.S. combined champion (2005-2007)
- 2013 world cup overall third place
- 2013 World Championships giant slalom gold medalist
- 2013 World Championships super combined gold medalist
- 2013 World Championships super-G gold medalist
- 2011 World Championships giant slalom gold medalist
- 2009 World Championships giant slalom bronze medalist
- 2007 U.S. giant slalom champion
Fun Facts: Enjoys tennis, formula one racing, water skiing, and playing badminton ... Created the company Shred which sells skiing equipment ... Opened 2012-13 season with a 2.75-second margin of victory in giant slalom, marking the largest in a World Cup event in 34 years ... First skier to earn three gold medals in single World Championships since Jean Claude Killy in 1968
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association
Ted Ligety’s Historic World Championship Three-Peat
Peggy Shinn Feb. 13, 2015
Ligety came from behind to become the only skier to win three consecutive giant slalom world titles.
Ted Ligety Comes From The Back To Win Sixth World Medal
Associated Press Feb. 08, 2015
Starting 29th, Ligety hangs on for bronze in the combined, tying Vonn for most medals by an American.
Super-G Not So Super For U.S. Men
Peggy Shinn Feb. 05, 2015
Ted Ligety led the U.S. in ninth, while Bode Miller was taken to the hospital after crashing hard.
Will The U.S. Men’s Alpine Team Stand Up To Great Expectations?
Peggy Shinn Feb. 02, 2015
With Bode Miller back, the U.S. men’s team is one of the strongest ever at a world championships.
Olympic Medalists And World Champs Highlight Alpine World Team
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association Jan. 29, 2015
Twenty-six athletes will compete in Vail/Beaver Creek, Feb. 2-15, 2015.
Top 14 Of 2014: Team USA Men
Paul D. Bowker Dec. 19, 2014
U.S. men made the world their stage in 2014 with memorable performances in Sochi, Russia, and around the world.
Ted Ligety Wins Beaver Creek Giant Slalom Despite Broken Wrist
Associated Press Dec. 07, 2014
Just 15 days after having four metal screws inserted into his broken wrist, Olympic champion Ted Ligety returns to the world cup to win on a home course.
Alpine Skiers Begin Season With Vail/Beaver Creek World Champs In Sight
Peggy Shinn Oct. 24, 2014
Ligety, Shiffrin, Miller, Mancuso, Weibrecht lead the pack; Vonn back on skis
Gallery: Up Close With The 2014 ESPYS Nominees
July 01, 2014
Thirty five members of Team USA nominated for the 2014 ESPYS
Tweet All About It: Team USA All Over ESPYS Nominations
Doug Williams June 25, 2014
American athletes well represented in 2014 edition of ESPYS
More Stories ›