- Two-time Olympian (2012, 2016); Six-time Olympic medalist (5 gold, 1 silver)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, gold (800m free, 400m free, 200m free, 4x200m free); silver (4x100m free)
- London 2012 Olympic Games, gold (800m free)
- Most recent: 2015 – gold (200m free, 400m free, 800m free, 1,500m free, 4x200 free)
- Years of participation: Long Course – 2013, 2015
- Medals: 9 (9 golds)
- Gold – 2013 (400m free, 800m free, 1,500m free, 4x200m free); 2015 (200m free, 400m free, 800m free, 1,500m free, 4x200m free)
Chase Kalisz, Maya DiRado, Women’s 4x100 Free Win Silver On First Night Of Swimming In Rio
Peggy Shinn Aug. 06, 2016
Kalisz and DiRado began their Olympic careers with matching hardware.
Prepare For Rio By Watching The Top 5 Swimming Races In Team USA History
Aug. 06, 2016
Where does the 4x100-meter freestyle team from 2008 rank? Watch and find out.
Team USA Predicted To Lead Medal Count In Rio
Peggy Shinn Aug. 05, 2016
Two sources predict the U.S. will lead the medal count for its sixth straight summer Games.
Katie Ledecky Makes Time Fly In Four Years, Has Big Plans For Second Olympics
Karen Rosen Aug. 03, 2016
Ledecky broke out on the international scene four years ago with one gold; now she could win four.
15 Of The Best Photos From Swimming Olympic Team Trials
July 28, 2016
Relive the action-packed, week-long competition through photos.
U.S. Olympic Committee Announces 558-Member 2016 U.S. Olympic Team
United States Olympic Committee July 23, 2016
Team USA features 190 returning Olympians, 66 Olympic champions.
Michael Phelps Wins His Last Race On U.S. Soil
Peggy Shinn July 02, 2016
Nathan Adrian and Anthony Ervin go 1-2 in 50 free.
Changing Times: Ledecky Cruised To Rio, While Franklin Scrapped Her Way Onto 2016 Team
Philip Hersh July 02, 2016
Philip Hersh examines the different routes taken by Ledecky and Franklin to make the 2016 Olympic team.
After Brilliant Prelim Race In 800 Freestyle, Ledecky Just Not Fast Enough In 100
Philip Hersh July 01, 2016
Philip Hersh recounts how the phenom practiced for the 100 by dominating her 800 heat.
Katie Ledecky: Chasing More Than 200, 400 and 800-Meter Golds in Rio?
Peggy Shinn June 29, 2016
Ledecky won the 200 free and qualified to swim her second individual event in Rio.
More Stories ›