The 2008 Paralympic Games was Hope Lewellen's fourth Paralympic Games but just her second in sitting volleyball.
Lewellen took home a silver medal in wheelchair tennis in her first Games in Atlanta, Ga., in 1996, and made the quarterfinal round in 2000 in Sydney. She then moved on to competing in sitting volleyball, helping the U.S. win the bronze medal in Athens in 2004. Lewellen took it one step further in Beijing, winning the silver medal after defeating a talent-laden Netherlands squad in the semifinals.
When Lewellen is not training or competing, she coaches wheelchair tennis, reads and gardens at her home.
- 2008: Silver medal, U.S. Women's Sitting Volleyball Team - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: Bronze medal, World Organization Volleyball for Disabled Intercontinental Cup - Ismailia, Egypt
- 2004: Bronze medal, Paralympic Games - Athens, Greece
- 2000: Quarterfinalist, Wheelchair Tennis - Paralympic Games, Sydney, Australia
- 1996: Silver medal, Wheelchair Tennis - Paralympic Games, Atlanta, Ga.