- Two-time Olympian (2012, 2016); Three-time Olympic medalist (2 silver, 1 bronze)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, 5th (team); silver (parallel bars, horizontal bar)
- London 2012 Olympic games, bronze (all-around); 5th (team)
- Most recent: 2015 – silver (horizontal bar), 5th (team), 6th (parallel bars), 17th (all-around)
- Years of participation: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015
- Medals: 5 (1 gold, 2 silvers, 2 bronzes)
- Gold – 2011 (parallel bars)
- Silver – 2014 (parallel bars); 2015 (high bar)
- Bronze – 2011 (team); 2014 (team)
U.S. Men Fall Short In Comeback Bid, Finish Fifth Once Again In Gymnastics Team Final
Nick McCarvel Aug. 08, 2016
The team finished behind Japan, Russia, China and Great Britain after several mistakes.
U.S. Men’s Gymnastics Team Launches Itself Into Second Place In Qualification
Nick McCarvel Aug. 06, 2016
Mikulak and Brooks qualified for the all-around final; four men qualified for event finals.
U.S. Men's Gymnastics Lineup For Qualification Round Is Set For 2016 Olympic Games
USA Gymnastics Aug. 05, 2016
Sam Mikulak and Chris Brooks will compete in every event, making them eligible for the all-around final.
U.S. Men’s Gymnastics Team Will Draw From Experience, Confidence To Find The Podium In Rio
Nick McCarvel Aug. 04, 2016
Three of the five return from the 2012 team, while the others were alternates then.
10 Days To Rio: Will The U.S. Gymnastics Team Match Its Record 10 Medals?
Craig Bohnert July 26, 2016
With medal hauls breaking double digits at the past three worlds, Team USA has its sights set high.
John Orozco Injures Knee, Danell Leyva Replaces Him On Olympic Gymnastics Team
USA Gymnastics July 15, 2016
Orozco injured his knee during a high bar dismount in training.
Q&A With Olympic Gymnastics Alternates Leyva, Modi And Whittenburg
Brandon Penny June 26, 2016
Find out what the trio said the morning after learning their Olympic fate.
18 Of The Best Photos From Men's Gymnastics Olympic Trials
June 26, 2016
Relive the action-packed, two-day competition through photos.
Can Danell Leyva Complete Olympic-Sized Comeback?
Brandon Penny June 25, 2016
The reigning Olympic medalist Leyva improved from 16th at nationals to third on Day 1 of Olympic Trials.
10 U.S. Men’s Gymnasts To Watch At The Olympic Trials
Chrös McDougall June 21, 2016
Only five can make the Olympic team, and few gymnasts are considered locks.